News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Milwaukee Television History: The Analog Years

Started by Dick Nitelinger, Monday Dec 01, 2008, 01:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Nitelinger

Quote from: Todd Wiedemann;49626Hey, Dick ...

How would someone arrange for an autographed copy ?

Contributors had their copies signed by me on Friday, and they went out of the MU Press office on Monday. They have stock there, but the majority of the books are in Ohio at the distributor. So... If you get one, perhaps we can meet for coffee somewhere.

I will be doing signings. The MU Press is going to try and set one up at Schwartz's, and the Milwaukee Public Library wants to have me speak as a part of their author's series. I've been invited to speak at the January meeting of the Society of Broadcast Engineers section in town (still have to accept once my schedule firms up) and the North Shore Library wants me to give a presentation again.

- Dick :OnAir:

Tom Snyder

Just happened to notice this in Tim Cuprisin's column:

QuoteWhile he's started a similar history of Milwaukee radio, .

Really? :rock: When do you expect that to be done? As a guy who spent 12 years in Milwaukee radio, and was one of those "anonymous" insiders for Jim Romanesco's radio expose's in Milwaukee magazine and Michael Zahn when he was the Radio guy at the Journal. I know where at least a couple of the bodies are buried.

Let me know if you have any holes that you need filled. :)
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Dick Nitelinger

Quote from: Tom Snyder;49640Just happened to notice this in Tim Cuprisin's column:

Really? :rock: When do you expect that to be done? As a guy who spent 12 years in Milwaukee radio, and was one of those "anonymous" insiders for Jim Romanesco's radio expose's in Milwaukee magazine and Michael Zahn when he was the Radio guy at the Journal. I know where at least a couple of the bodies are buried.

Let me know if you have any holes that you need filled. :)

I started it this summer (plus the TV book has a lot of radio history in it as many of the TV stations were started by radio concerns), but haven't gotten back to it since receiving the final OK on the TV book. I hope to resume after the 1st of the year.

WITI6fan

I was at the Barnes and Noble at Bayshore today and looked for your book, but didn't find it. Are they stocking it yet?

Dick Nitelinger

Quote from: WITI6fan;51320I was at the Barnes and Noble at Bayshore today and looked for your book, but didn't find it. Are they stocking it yet?

According to their website:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/store.asp?EAN=9780874620559&distance=2&zipcode=53221&x=0&y=0

It's in stock. I've seen it at their Southridge and Mayfair stores. Call first, or ask while there. It was also available at the Discover Wisconsin store in Mayfair mall. The Schwartz's stores had it (and we sold a lot of them at those four stores -- in fact, they sold out four times during the first week that the book was available), but with their going out of business, I'm unsure re: their stock. The two stores that were closing at the end of the month had all books at 40% off recently. The Downer Ave. store closed today.

Thanks to Paul Joseph (who suggested that they carry it), the Borders store in Fox Point is also supposed to have it in stock.