News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Milwaukee Television History: The Analog Years

Started by Dick Nitelinger, Monday Dec 01, 2008, 01:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Nitelinger

It's been years in the making, but, my book: Milwaukee Television History: The Analog Years is at the printer. We're expecting delivery later this month -- hopefully still in time for Christmas.

You can download a flyer (in PDF format) at: http://www.milwaukee-horror-hosts.com/DGTV_flyer_web.pdf. Ordering information can be found on it.

You might also go directly to the Marquette University Press website and place your order there: http://www.marquette.edu/mupress/

- Dick :OnAir:

WITI6fan

Besides online, where else will the book be available?

Dick Nitelinger

Quote from: WITI6fan;49378Besides online, where else will the book be available?

This has all come together very quickly, so the MU Press is frantically working to get the book in local stores. I think that you can expect to see it at the Harry W. Schwartz bookstores. They support local books/authors, and books can be dropped off there. The larger chains may carry it as well, but there are more hoops the publisher has to jump through. I would say with certainty that it'll be in Schwartz's in time for Christmas. I'm not sure about the chains as of yet. (There will be calm for a few days now, but I'm getting daily status updates.)

Nels Harvey

Mine's already on order.  I do hope it arrives in time for Christmas.  

I have seen some of the artwork, and history this book presents, and it is well worth the investment.  I recommend this book for all of you interested in the Milwaukee television history.  You will learn about the development of television in Milwaukee.

The many photos from archives around Milwaukee are sure to rekindle a memory, or two, for those of us who have watched through the years!  This is a 'must have' in my opinion!

Nels....
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

Dick Nitelinger

Quote from: Nels Harvey;49393Mine's already on order.  I do hope it arrives in time for Christmas.  

I have seen some of the artwork, and history this book presents, and it is well worth the investment.  I recommend this book for all of you interested in the Milwaukee television history.  You will learn about the development of television in Milwaukee.

The many photos from archives around Milwaukee are sure to rekindle a memory, or two, for those of us who have watched through the years!  This is a 'must have' in my opinion!

Nels....

Thanks Nels! From what I was told by the publisher yesterday, I'm confident that you'll have your copy in time for Christmas. Our meeting on Tuesday is a few days too early, or else I might have had copies there.

Dick Nitelinger

Quote from: jeffski;49418$47?

A good price for an 8.5x11 book with 510 pages and between 450-500 photographs.

Talos4

Quote from: jeffski;49418$47?          .

Haven't bought many oversized hard covers lately have you.

$47.00 for that size, page count and graphics is pretty good.

The last 8.5x11 hardcover book I purchased by a local author is 127 pages and went for $25.00 in 2007. The Summerfest book.

Dick Nitelinger

I got a call this afternoon from the MU Press. The books have arrived at their offices. The majority should've arrived at their distributor as well, but I won't know until Friday. The MU Press manager is delivering copies to Schwartz's Friday morning, so they should be in their stores this weekend.

For anyone interested, I was on with Gene Mueller (pre-recorded) Wednesday morning on WTMJ. I'll be on the same station with Dick Alpert Sunday morning on or about 08:35.

On Monday the 15th, I'm the guest on "I Remember" on CH. 10 at 6:30 p.m. It's repeated on Ch. 36 at 12:30 a.m.

mcq

Heard you oin the Radio this AM.

Timing is everything, as I am buying this for an retire, integral "behind the scenes" person from one of the major Milwaukee TV stations.... He is going to love this gift!

Thank You

Tom Snyder

Great job on Peck tonight!  

So you watched the test patterns, too??? That's only a little wackier than watching Channel 10's demo reel over and over for months.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Dick Nitelinger

Quote from: mcq;49603Heard you oin the Radio this AM.

Timing is everything, as I am buying this for an retire, integral "behind the scenes" person from one of the major Milwaukee TV stations.... He is going to love this gift!

Thank You

You're welcome!

If you email me, I might check to see if the person you're buying it for was a contributor to the book.

The first batch was delivered to Schwartz's Friday morning. (The books arrived in town Thursday afternoon, although the majority are at the distributor in Ohio.) They re-ordered this afternoon, so they are selling well at just those four stores.

Dick Nitelinger

Quote from: Tom Snyder;49619Great job on Peck tonight!  

So you watched the test patterns, too??? That's only a little wackier than watching Channel 10's demo reel over and over for months.

Thanks! It was fun to do.

Absolutely. Then sign-on, Chapel, RFD 6, Cartoon Capers, etc. until Cartoon Alley came on! I remember being upset during the first Mercury launches as they pre-empted the cartoon shows! A few years later, such launches captivated me!

BTW, I'll be on WMSE sometime between 4:00-6:00 Saturday afternoon.

WITI6fan

I'm just going to guess that due to the cover design, none of the TV stations are inviting you on their morning shows. :D

Todd Wiedemann

Quote from: Dick Nitelinger;49622Thanks! It was fun to do.

Absolutely. Then sign-on, Chapel, RFD 6, Cartoon Capers, etc. until Cartoon Alley came on! I remember being upset during the first Mercury launches as they pre-empted the cartoon shows! A few years later, such launches captivated me!

BTW, I'll be on WMSE sometime between 4:00-6:00 Saturday afternoon.

Hey, Dick ...

How would someone arrange for an autographed copy ?