News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Tivo Bolt with current Cable Card/Tuning Adapter

Started by Tivoman44, Monday Feb 01, 2016, 08:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tivoman44

Loadstar, this is a question directed at you, but anyone who knows.

I'm going to buy a Tivo Bolt.  I am most likely going to sell one of my Tivo Series 3 HD.  Can I take out the cable card and rehook my TA to the Bolt or would I have to call TWC to pair the CC/TA to the Bolt?

Also I used to have the 1TB DVR Extender external hard drive.  That crapped out.  I want to get a new external HD for the Bolt, are there others out there that would work, whether ESATA or USB?

LoadStar

Quote from: Tivoman44;60218Loadstar, this is a question directed at you, but anyone who knows.

I'm going to buy a Tivo Bolt.  I am most likely going to sell one of my Tivo Series 3 HD.  Can I take out the cable card and rehook my TA to the Bolt or would I have to call TWC to pair the CC/TA to the Bolt?
You'll need to call TWC. You can remove and reinstall everything yourself, but you'll then need to call the CableCard hotline to have them do a re-pair. They'll be able to do it over the phone, but you will need to call the CableCard hotline to do so (the normal call center people will be clueless.)

QuoteAlso I used to have the 1TB DVR Extender external hard drive.  That crapped out.  I want to get a new external HD for the Bolt, are there others out there that would work, whether ESATA or USB?
Alas, I don't know. I don't have any familiarity with extenders.

Tivoman44

Thanks!

When I had my two S3 HDs in December I did a self install.   I called normal customer service and got India (as it was late on a Saturday).  They referred me to the Cable Card support line, 866-532-2598.