News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

All-in-One TWC package

Started by Andrew Grall, Tuesday Aug 23, 2005, 02:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Grall

Hey folks,

I currently have the following:

Earthlink $41.95
DigiPic 1000 $39.95 *Promo
HD DVR Service, remote & equip $14.90
HD Package $6.95
Vonage Digital Phone $24.95

for a grand total of $128.70/mo before taxes.

Now, I know I could save some money by switching from Earthlink to RR ($34.95), but that is only for one year and I am (somewhat stupidly) tied to my Earthlink e-mail account.  I could probably keep my Earthlink e-mail address for about $5 per month, but that erases most of the savings of switching to RR.

I called TWC recently asking about the All-in-One service thinking maybe it would save me some money with a package deal.  The person I talked to said that the All-in-One service + my HD and DVR services would come to $139.80 + taxes.  Is that right?  What is the point of combining services then (other than the rep saying ALL ON ONE BILL!!!!  :rolleyes: )?

Does anyone know what the all-in-one prices actually are for TWC?

Thanks.

oz

TWC pricing annoys me. It seems like everyone has different costs and promos. I'd like to see a TWC rep on these boards who can tell us what the real prices are and what promos we are eligible for.

Can someone tell me what's the cheapest way for me to get the HD-DVR and HBO?

gparris

All ON ONE seems to be saving you something...don't know what - did TWC give you a breakdown?
Normally, if you have Digipic 1000 it is $49.95
Then add $6.95 for the HD Package
Add $44.95 for RR as it only gets discounted to $40 if you have Digipic 2000
Then Digital phone at $39.95
Add $14.90 for HD box with HD DVR service fee
Seems more like $156.70 before tax/franchise fee...guess you are saving.

Of course, I ask for specials and discounts and never get anything.
I guess TWC thinks with my 3 HD DVRs I have, buying 3 HD Tivos and a big antenna aren't going to make me switch, either. :(

Andrew Grall

I really don't undestand TWC and the secrecy of their pricing... In other markets, like NYC, they display their prices of all their services clearly on their webpage.

Any TWC reps here who can give us the straight facts?

Andrew Grall

Quote from: gparrisAll ON ONE seems to be saving you something...don't know what -

Actually, until the promo I have on DigiPic 1000 expires, I wouldn't be saving anything by going to All-in-One.  I'd be paying close to $11.00 more than what I am paying now.

When my promo on DigiPic 1000 ends, they better come up with another promo or something, or I may be seriously slimming down my cable package...

picopir8

The problem with the all-in-one is the price of digital phone.  A $5-10 discount is not going to mean much when the normal monthly fee is $40.  Heck, I pay $16.66 for sunrocket and that includes all taxes.

The lack of info about their packages is also annoying. Not to mention their confusing tiering.  For example, Im on a digipic 2000 (hbo and showtime) promo for $41/mo. I caled to switch showtime to starz but I was told I couldnt.  Aparently hbo, showtime, cinemax, and TMC are "premium channels".  Starz, encore, and HD channels are "premium packages".  You can only choose premium channels with digipic packages.  Premium packages are all add-ons.  I ended up dropping the hd package to get starz.  I still get locals, hbo, and showtime in HD so I figure its worth giving up the other HD channels to get all the movies that starz offers.

MDR

Switched to all the best back in January.  Other than the first bill being almost $200 because their computer didn't apply the package discounts; I straightened that out before I paid them.

The last couple of bills for All the Best has been $114.80. Imagine my surprise when I got my latest bill and the  All the Best  package price is now $74.85. Almost a $40 reduction.

I'm a little gun shy about calling them (looking a gift horse in the mouth) to find out if this is a billing error or are they hearing footsteps(U-Verse) and dropping prices to retain us as customers.  

I haven't called and cajoled about prices which is usually the only way to lower your cable bill.

Has anyone else seen this on their latest bills.

Mdr

I doubt TWC will see this since they ignore us on all our HDTV issues with them
Cord Cutter

ChannelMaster DVR+
Samsung Ln40b550 HDTV
Samsung Ln32a550 HDTV
ONKYO TX-NR737 Rcvr
Sony SA WCT100 Soundbar
Oppo BDP83 Bluray
Oppo BDP93 Bluray
Twc Broadband
T-Mobile Phone

LowSignal

MDR

does this look like rr lite. they do have stripped down versions of all the best, i made sure i wasn't being downgraded before signing up.

Mdr

Cord Cutter

ChannelMaster DVR+
Samsung Ln40b550 HDTV
Samsung Ln32a550 HDTV
ONKYO TX-NR737 Rcvr
Sony SA WCT100 Soundbar
Oppo BDP83 Bluray
Oppo BDP93 Bluray
Twc Broadband
T-Mobile Phone

brewtownska

How RR Lite affects you may differ depending on which modem you have (just a guess).  The reason I say that is because I called to downgrade myself about 45 days ago, and they mentioned that they'd send a signal to reboot my modem, then the new speed would take affect.  I think my modem never rebooted, therefore I still get the same speed through Speedtest.net that got before calling them.  Of course I'm afraid that if I ever have to reboot the modem, I'll get the slower speed, it sure is nice to be paying less each month (which is the whole reason I downgraded in the first place).  I've got one of the Motorola Surfboard  SB5101 (black) modems.  I've seen lots of people who have a newer, flat model from another company that supports the VOIP installs for the all-in-one packages.
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Bigdog

I've heard that it is the lite version of RR too. I called last week to ask about that "$99" special and he said that it would not apply in my case as we have Digipic 2000, 2 HD DVR boxes and services. HBO/Cinemax and the "regular" RR. If I remember right he said the "All in One" for us would be more like $170/mo.... :bang:

I do see they are doing a lot of utility work around town here and I know we are building a LOT of routers for "someone" at work so I hope it means U-Verse will be coming near me soon.

Mikey

I recently switched to all-in-one myself (can't believe i did it, but i don't see u-verse coming out here very quickly).

here is my i'net speed:

Bigdog

Wow that is not too shabby speed at all. I'm also in Grafton and with the regular RR and don't get anywhere near that speed. I'm still hoping UVerse comes out here soon. I know they are doing a lot of digging and marking of utility lines around here.

jeffski

Quote from: Mikey;39322I recently switched to all-in-one myself (can't believe i did it, but i don't see u-verse coming out here very quickly).

here is my i'net speed:

Mikey,you must have RR Turbo. For $9.95 more month to get 40% more speed isn't bad at all. I just upgraded to turbo today which brings my All-in-one bill to about $140 ,taxes included.I also have 1 hd dvr with the hd package. I recall my phone bill ALONE being that high a few years back with sbc/att(2 phone lines) Unlimited long distance sure is nice,saves minutes on my cell phone during the week.
Here's my speed btw. (Waukesha-Chicago)

markd

Has anyone seen a rate increase on their bill?  My father told me today that his went up over $20 this past month.  He has all-in-one but lives in Racine (so things are a bit different).  He didn't explain what portion went up though.  My bill hasn't changed but I'm set in a contract pricing scheme through my employer.  I wonder if they're trying to get more $$$ of out people because they've added one freakin new HD channel.