News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Volume control broken?

Started by duncantuna, Wednesday May 19, 2010, 09:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duncantuna

This morning, my TWC 8300HDC has developed an odd glitch with remote functions.

The remote (a new one that's been working fine for a month) is working fine EXCEPT .. the volume key no longer works on Cable mode, although if you set TV mode, it will work on the TV.  Oh, and the volume + and - no longer work on the BOX itself.

Another oddity, as you fast forward, you USED to be able (yesterday) to press and hold the play button, and it would ONLY play once you lifted your finger off the play button.  Today?  It plays immediately upon the depress.

I tried cycling the power .. same results.

So .. it's either a broken DVR, or my person thought is .. a DVR software update gone terribly wrong -- in which case, others would have the same issue.

Anyone?

LoadStar

I vaguely remember when I had the 8300 that you could either set the volume output to be fixed (such as when you want to use whatever you are outputting the sound to for volume control) or variable (when you want to use the cable box to control the volume). It's definitely in one of the settings for the box someplace... I just can't tell you where.

duncantuna

Thanks.

You are correct.  It's in the settings somewhere.  I'll give that a try when I get home tonight.

I KNOW I didn't change that setting, of course.   Will be happy if that's it.

duncantuna

Bingo, that was it.  Thanks Loadstar.  

I am 100% positive no one in the house flipped that constant/variable switch.   It is not something you could do by accident.

LoadStar

Quote from: duncantuna;55600Bingo, that was it.  Thanks Loadstar.  

I am 100% positive no one in the house flipped that constant/variable switch.   It is not something you could do by accident.

I do recall that being flipped back to it's default setting upon a software upgrade. That's probably what did it for you.