News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Tivo premiere

Started by tywest, Monday Mar 29, 2010, 11:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tywest

I just picked up a Tivo Primiere from Best Buy. I ditched D* and am still not done with them. Has anyone else had problems canceling D*? Many calls to customer service and they still can not get my final bill done.

This is more about the Tivo. We use it just for OTA recording and the net content. So far it is ok. It does what it needs to do, but it needs a lot of cleaning up. The menu system is a mess. It took about 2 hrs to set up and get running.

One of my biggest gripes is that this thing does not come standard with wifi built in. You can buy a dvd player with wifi built in but this needs a dongle..

Lets hope the software gets updated soon.

Bebop

Canceled my DirecTV over a year ago without problem. I only made one call and I was still under contract.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

tywest

Just got off the phone for the 3rd time. We were charged an early cancelation fee when we should not have been. Lets see if it worked this time around..

LoadStar

As for the TiVo menus, yeah, I was suprised that TiVo would let the box ship in the half-baked state that it is in, the mishmash of new and old styles.

Frankly, if I had a TiVo Premiere, I'd switch back to the 'classic' menus until such point that they have many more of the menus updated (and get the bug fixed that has the box restricted to only using one of the processor's two cores).

OlsonNet

I bought a Premiere w/ the $200 off upgrade offer, but don't plan on setting it up (or even opening it) until they get the software figured out. I have a Series 3, so I'll just use that in the meantime, and if they never fix things, I'll make a few bucks selling the unopened Premiere w/ Lifetime service.