News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New TWC DVR software?

Started by duncantuna, Thursday Jan 14, 2010, 07:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duncantuna

I got a recorded call last night from TWC saying my box would download new software updates and need to reboot (twice) during the night.   Haven't been able to figure out what's new on my 8300HDC.

Anyone else get the call, figure it out?

(Milwaukee area)

samsung_fan

Got the message too but it was half cut off and all I heard was it will reboot twice and the upgrade will take 20 minutes. No clue what it updated.

wireblsam

I saw I got a call last night on Caller ID, but no message.  

Did see my boxes had powered off over night, but didn't think much of it.  Now I will have to go check it out.

Jack 1000

From what I understand, this update is for C-boxes (ODN) only.  You should be able to check the software version by going to a diagnostic channel (Channel 1900)  On my MDN box, there are about six pages of information.  Use the page +/- button to scroll through the pages until you see Software Version.  Than post your version here.

You can Exit out of the menu by either using the Channel+/- button or the Last button.

Everyone with an ODN (C-box) will have the same version, so there is only a need to post it once, or after new updates are released in the coming months.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide