News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Making my TWC remote control my TV's volume

Started by yaderhey, Monday Apr 13, 2009, 08:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yaderhey

I apologize for this lame question, but an hour of Googling hasn't solved my problem.

How do I get my TWC DVR remote to control the volume of my new Samsung Series 6 630 TV?

Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I've tried all the codes I can find ... no dice.

Please help!

Jack 1000

Quote from: yaderhey;51694I apologize for this lame question, but an hour of Googling hasn't solved my problem.

How do I get my TWC DVR remote to control the volume of my new Samsung Series 6 630 TV?

Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I've tried all the codes I can find ... no dice.

Please help!

What is the make and model number of your DVR remote? (Note that you need both, which should be found on your remote control.)  MOST DVR remotes are set to operate the TV volume by default.  If you have purchased a new TV, when you program the DVR remote control to get the code for your TV, which turns the TV on and off, once you have the correct on/off code for your TV, the Volume and Mute buttons should control your TV volume.  BTW a great question, because I will soon be getting a new Samsung HD TV, and will need to program the remote to control the on-off volume for the TV:

Here is a link to all TWC models of remotes that they make.  Most likely, your DVR remote control is probably a Synergy.  (Check the exact model number located on your remote control.) and click on the corresponding instructions.  They are PDF files so you will need Adobe Reader or equivalent PDF reader to view them.  If the instruction come up too small, use the Zoom feature in your Reader to enlarge them.  Look for these things in the documentation:

1.) The set up codes for your TV

1A.) How to test each code for your TV

2.) How to Control Volume through your TV using the remote (instead of the cable box.)

http://www.timewarnercable.com/wisconsin/site.faqs/Equipmenta#Remotes

Hope this helps!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide