News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HELP: PC DVR w/Tuner Card issue(s)

Started by HughJorgens, Sunday Mar 15, 2009, 07:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HughJorgens

I recently got a Hauppauge HVR-2250 TV Tuner card for my PC...and am unable to locate the QAM signal(s) for the local HD stations via the Time Warner Cable.   I'm able to get them w/o using the cable box on the tv and should be able to get them using this card...but no success.

I've tried a couple different software programs (WinTV, SageTV, etc...) and have Vista.  I know the Windows Media will not work for the QAM, but seems to be the best so far for just the SD basic cable.

Anyone have any similar issues and/or solutions?

HDefinicktion

I run Vista MCE, and record TWC QAM all the time in HD.  I use the AverMedia m780 card to record both analog and digital cable.  Are you certain that card is QAM compliant?

HughJorgens

Yes, it is, per the website...

"Dual digital TV receivers for ATSC or clear QAM. Watch and record two digital TV programs at the same time. Watch and record all ATSC and QAM formats, including the highest definition 1080i format"

HDefinicktion

HughJorgens

I used this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956147

When I click to install, it says it's not needed and stops...so I must have it already.

HDefinicktion

I know that the TV Pack must be installed in order to enable native VMC support for QAM tuning.

This is the thread I followed to get mine to work...

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/thread/281532.aspx

HughJorgens

I installed the update, now WMC shows as version 6.1.1000.18273.

However, when I scan the channels, if I select the cable (analog)...I only get the basic TWC channels 2-99.  When I select the antenna (hoping to the the QAM via the coaxial) I get nothing.:bang:

HDefinicktion

I know with mine, in order to get analog and digital QAM, I had to put a splitter before plugging in.  Both of the inputs on the back of the card need to be connected.  One is the analog, and the other is the ATSC/QAM tuner.  Before i plugged in both, I would only get analog...the directions were very poor.