News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Converter Box Working

Started by Stanley Kritzik, Monday Jan 12, 2009, 10:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stanley Kritzik

I have DirecTV for my three main TV sets, and have been using an over-the-air antenna (wired throughout the house) for a couple of guest room TVs.  So, ahead of the February (maybe) deadline, I bought some Channel Master CM7000s for the latter.  Along with the $40 coupons, the cost was small.

I hooked one up, it found all the OTA channels, and gave very acceptable sound and video on all the available channels, using the composite video (usually yellow wire) input, rather than an unused legacy channel.  So, for little used sets, I'm OK for whatever comes.  Also, despite Consumer Reports labelling the CM box as somewhat hard to install, it took only ten minutes, start to finish.

Stan

basshive

Stan,

What is the guide and such like on the CM converter?
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

Stanley Kritzik

Quote from: basshive;50037Stan,

It's at home; I'm at work.  I'll look tonight and see what's available.  It did find all the channels, such as 36-1 thru 7, for example.  PQ is OK using composite cables (yellow video plus stereo sound).

Stan

Stanley Kritzik

Quote from: basshive;50037Stan,

There are two buttons on the remote for this purpose.  One is "info" which gives the viewer the usual amount of information about the program you're watching.  The other is "guide" which shows several present and future times and program names for the current channel.  Scrolling forward and backward with right/left arrow keys takes one through all the channels in that have been scanned in.  So, the info is all there -- not bad for $60 or so, less the $40 from the tax payers.

Stan