News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Viacom channels leaving TWC lineup effective 1/1

Started by PaulKTF, Wednesday Dec 31, 2008, 09:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xizer

Good riddance. Viacom channels are some of the worst filler garbage I've ever seen. I know I won't miss a dozen shitty MTVs.

The only one that's worth anything in Viacom's entire lineup is Comedy Central, but all Comedy Central shows are easily obtained on the Internet, either streaming from Comedy Central's site or grabbing a scene cap.

LoadStar

Quote from: Xizer;49825Good riddance. Viacom channels are some of the worst filler garbage I've ever seen. I know I won't miss a dozen shitty MTVs.

The only one that's worth anything in Viacom's entire lineup is Comedy Central, but all Comedy Central shows are easily obtained on the Internet, either streaming from Comedy Central's site or grabbing a scene cap.

If it was just MTV, it wouldn't be a big deal at all. However, they do have a few good channels. Here's the complete list of networks that would be removed:
Comedy Central
CMT
Logo
Palladia
MTV
MTV 2
MTV Hits
MTV Tr3s
Nickelodeon
Noggin
Nicktoons
Spike
The N
TV Land
Vh1
Vh1 Classic
Pure Country (not on TWC Milwaukee)
MTV Jams (not on TWC Milwaukee)
Nick 2 (not on TWC Milwaukee)
Vh1 Soul (not on TWC Milwaukee)

For me, losing Palladia kind of sucks, particularly since we just got it not long ago. I've been watching that channel pretty regularly.

techguy1975

So many people seem to be making Viacom the bad guy, saying how greedy they are, what about Time Warner??  How much more do they make by having these channels on their lineup?  How many customers will they loose by not having them?

PaulKTF

Quote from: techboywi;49834So many people seem to be making Viacom the bad guy, saying how greedy they are, what about Time Warner??  How much more do they make by having these channels on their lineup?  How many customers will they loose by not having them?

I'm prety sure a deal will be reached well within 48 hours so I don't think they'll lose a lot of customers.
-Paul

Xizer

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Viacom-Threatens-To-Pull-Content-Offline-99957

Now Viacom is planning on banning Road Runner IP addresses from viewing their content online.

**** Viacom! Piracy all the way from now on. They won't see a cent out of me.

Mikey

Quote from: Xizer;49825Good riddance. Viacom channels are some of the worst filler garbage I've ever seen. I know I won't miss a dozen shitty MTVs.

Pretty narrow minded viewpoint...

Best and biggest kid network:  Nickelodeon (and all the other Nick related channels).

Don't see parents of kids under 13 putting up with that for too long.

Xizer

Quote from: Mikey;49841Pretty narrow minded viewpoint...

Best and biggest kid network:  Nickelodeon (and all the other Nick related channels).

Don't see parents of kids under 13 putting up with that for too long.

Wrong. Best and biggest kid network: Disney Channel

Besides. Why are you rotting their brain with that garbage anyway? They should be watching PBS.

mindmess

Quote from: Xizer;49840http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Viacom-Threatens-To-Pull-Content-Offline-99957

Now Viacom is planning on banning Road Runner IP addresses from viewing their content online.

**** Viacom! Piracy all the way from now on. They won't see a cent out of me.

Why? If TWC doesn't want to pay for their programming and even states in their manifesto that Viacom programming is available online, why would Viacom allow TWC to use the internet as a workaround to watch?

Sounds like good business practice to me. But I guess you are such a pirate that you get all your movies and music from the 'net also.

Xizer

Quote from: mindmess;49849Why? If TWC doesn't want to pay for their programming and even states in their manifesto that Viacom programming is available online, why would Viacom allow TWC to use the internet as a workaround to watch?

Sounds like good business practice to me. But I guess you are such a pirate that you get all your movies and music from the 'net also.

Are you seriously defending Viacom taking a big steamy pile of **** on the principle of network neutrality? For shame. It's a dirty tactic by a greedy and increasingly irrelevant corporation, nothing more.

How about blocking every other ISP in the United States that doesn't offer a TV service with Viacom channels in it?

mindmess

What net neutrality? You mean bandwidth caps? Monitoring and recording your net habits? And it's not like there isn't any ip blocking already going on. Much less site blocking.

All I am saying is get off of the TWC teat and actually look at how they(TWC) have consistently screwed the consumer for years. HD programming? Ehhhhhhhh, maybe a little here and there. Juuust enough to shut people up once in awhile.  Big 10 network? Make the little people wait a year then we(TWC) will be their saviors by bringing it to them and ramming it in to ALL the homes, not just the sports fans who would pay for it. Reliable boxes and software? We are all still waiting on that one.

But I guess in your narrow view Time Worthless is God's gift to television and the internet. Long live the great TWC.NOT

Xizer

Quote from: mindmess;49851What net neutrality? You mean bandwidth caps? Monitoring and recording your net habits? And it's not like there isn't any ip blocking already going on. Much less site blocking.
NOT

LOL, what are you talking about? Time Warner doesn't have bandwidth caps or throttling. I downloaded more than two terabytes this month on a Road Runner connection.

Also, since when does defending Time Warner Cable in this instance mean I approve of everything else they do? Because I don't. I don't even pay for cable TV, it's a rip-off no matter who your provider.

The point is moot anyway. Viacom caved at the last minute and came to an agreement.

mindmess

Quote from: Xizer;49852LOL, what are you talking about? Time Warner doesn't have bandwidth caps or throttling. I downloaded more than two terabytes this month on a Road Runner connection.

Also, since when does defending Time Warner Cable in this instance mean I approve of everything else they do? Because I don't. I don't even pay for cable TV, it's a rip-off no matter who your provider.

The point is moot anyway. Viacom caved at the last minute and came to an agreement.

http://gigaom.com/2008/10/21/time-warner-cable-talks-last-mile-and-bandwidth-caps/

Guess you're so busy not paying for anything that you missed the news.
WOW, 2 tb. Must have a large movie and music collection. Are any of your massive downloads LEGAL? But then again what do you care. As soon as they screw the rest of us because of leeches like you and cap and charge you will scream bloody murder and how can they kill "net neutrality" and whatever other bs you can spew.

Must be nice to live in mommy's basement and leech off others.

Well I'm done trying to educate the kindergartner so have fun in fantasy land and tell mommy I said to give you an extra cocoa tonight.

Get a job, move out and start paying for things.

Tom Snyder

And on that cheery note to begin the new year, and Viacom's "steamy" offerings  now available to cable subscribers, and Roadrunner customers...

This thread is closed.

Happy, and KINDER 2009!!! :)
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org