News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

*E* problem

Started by Nels Harvey, Sunday Jun 08, 2008, 12:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nels Harvey

Part of my *E* signals have gone away.  I troubleshot the system, and determined the LNB for the 119 degree satellite has quit.  Of course this wipes out any of the usual feeds that I normally watch.

This is an older system, with the old Superdish, and the CSR indicated there would be a fee for a service call, and a wait of up to two weeks.

I was offered a maintenance plan for $5.99 per month.

My questions are:
With the *D* competition, or (heaven forbid) TWC, has anyone been successful in negotiating with *E*?

Is the replacement of the old 811 HD receiver with an upgrade 4DTV worthwhile?  Does it receive local channels over the air?

I, long ago, canceled  satellite HD channels.  Is the *E* HD fee negotiable?

Do I need a different dish for *E* HD?  Are HD signals elsewhere than 121 degrees?

Nels....
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

Blitzburgh

DirecTV has always helped me with those types of problems without having a service contract... but I have been with them for 13 years.

jkane

Hi Nels.  I have my old superdish sitting in the garage.  You can have the LNB off of it if you want.  I can't promise it works good.  I think I was getting the over heating problem lot's of others have complained about for that model.  I had random cut outs, but might have been wind too.

BTW:  I have done the home service plan for $6 deal, gotten somethign fixed, and then canceled it the next month.  It does work.  I think there is like a $50 "co-pay" to use it.  It depended on what you had wrong.  But $50 seems like the max it would cost you.

Actually ... what I did was order a new reciever (a 722) and it was not compatable with the superdish the way I had it configured.  So a free upgrade to a Dish 1000 came with the reciever.

Nels Harvey

Quote from: jkane;46788Hi Nels.  I have my old superdish sitting in the garage.  You can have the LNB off of it if you want.  I can't promise it works good.  I think I was getting the over heating problem lot's of others have complained about for that model.  I had random cut outs, but might have been wind too.

Hi Jeff,

I'm going the upgrade route, but thank you!  It's time I had an HD DVR anyhow.

Nels....
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.