News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

10-x audio dropout?

Started by Klankster, Friday Nov 03, 2006, 12:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klankster

I'm in Port Washington and my wife and I were watching a show on 10-2 tonight just before midnight, and something was seriously wrong because the audio was dropping out every few seconds (occasionally we were treated to 30 seconds of continuous audio) and the image would freeze and restart after the audio dropped out.  This seems to happen a lot on 10-x digital channels -- and we watched "Lost" on 12-1 on Wednesday with no dropout, so it isn't the equipment, as far as I know.

Could it be antenna steering?  My antenna is fixed pointing directly south toward milwaukee, I figured that would be OK for most Milwaukee stations.

The questions I have are:

1) Is the pointing that critical?  I have a huge antenna and the video reception generally looks fine on 10-x, no pixelation or anything.

2) Is there a signal amplifier that would help?

3) Is channel 10's signal particularly weak?

I'd appreciate any suggestions/insights!

techboy

Ch 10 digital signal is a real ch 8.  WMVS Ch 8 often suffers from same channel interference from an analog ch 8 in Grand Rapids MI.   If the problem is not on-going, then that is a possible explanation.
Retired Broadcast TV / Radio Engineer WTMJ. ( 35 Yrs )