News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

03-18-02: CBS58 Digital Audio ?

Started by Todd Wiedemann, Monday Mar 18, 2002, 06:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wiedemann

Anyone missing the audio on 1-1 tonight or is it just me ?

------------------
Todd.
-------
Mitsubishi 55819
Panasonic TU-HDS20
Apex AD-600A

Matt Heebner

I was not getting audio with the news. I am guessing that they sometimes have minor glitches associated with the audio. I noticed that I get Dolby Pro Logic alot, and not Dolby Digital 2.0.

Matt

Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

rnelson

Nothing for me either untill after 7PM.

GS kid

I have the answer to that issue. I talked with the channel 58 station engineer yesterday and today at great length. They are having problems with the encoder software. He said that some engineers that know the software better are coming tommorow to try and solve the problem. They are still getting software bug/update fixes and are trying to iron this problem out. CBS 58 gets the HD signal uncompressed at 1.5 Gps on the Sat. feed and then has to compress and encode it to send OTA. According to him, uncompressed to them means he can tweak it the way they want it. He said if they sent it compressed, it would be alot harder to work with and some picture downgrade would already be present due to the lossy nature of MPEG, which would further degrade once sent out to us.

----- GS kid