News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Official Circuit City Liquidation Thread

Started by Tom Snyder, Saturday Jan 17, 2009, 07:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

Bankrupt Circuit City Stores Inc. said Friday it will go out of business - closing its 567 U.S. stores and cutting 30,000 jobs.

It means the impending closing of three Milwaukee-area stores in Brookfield, Greenfield and Racine.

Some employees were notified Friday that they would lose their jobs and certain stores would begin close-out sales as early as today.

Please use this thread to report anything you see, know or want to share about the liquidation of the Milwaukee area stores.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

PatM

I went out to the store in Brookfield to see what was going on.
The store was very crowded, but from what I observed there was no clearance sale.
I could get the same or better prices at any other electronics store.
Certainly no real bargains.

RickNeff

When by the 76th st. location in Greenfield. They're at 10% off, so I picked up some little things. It was also rather crowded on Sunday.

Personally, while I won't miss them specifically, I do miss the fact that it puts Best Buy as the only large electronics store close by. It's always nice to have competition, IMHO.

murdoc

From what I've heard, once the Liquidation Co. takes over operations, the prices are raised up to MSRP.  The store had 10% off of everything this weekend, 30% on DVD's, etc.  10% off of MSRP is not a deal.  There are better deals to be had online at the moment.  Prices in-store will eventually fall, but by then everything has been picked through.  You must remember, the Liquidation Co. is out to do one thing; make back as much money as possible.  To think that an initial price increase was not going to happen is silly.

Talos4

I'm not expecting any spectacular deals out of this.

From what I've read, it's the same liquidation company that ran Compusa's liquidation.

That was much ado about nothing. and in fact if I remember right, they actually raised prices and then tried to tell us they were giving us a deal.

LoadStar

Quote from: Talos4;50192I'm not expecting any spectacular deals out of this.

From what I've read, it's the same liquidation company that ran Compusa's liquidation.

That was much ado about nothing. and in fact if I remember right, they actually raised prices and then tried to tell us they were giving us a deal.

That's SOP for a liquidator - raise prices across the board to MSRP, then slowly reduce them until the product sells.