News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

1080p sets

Started by gparris, Monday Sep 26, 2005, 05:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul S.

A few crappy pics I just took-

gparris

Quote from: Paul S.Holy crap! The thread for our sets at AVS is 220 pages long!!!

I guess I should have warned you, but if you filter out some of it, including the not-so-constructive comments, there is some good information there. :)

Happy reading!

gparris

Thanks for the pics...looks you like the Chopper show, huh?

As for the your setup (still looking fine): :)

1) I don't see the receiver placement - where is it?

2) How did you get that big center channel on top of the SXRD...guess there
is a lot more "real estate" on top of of it than I realized?! :blush:

sarusk

Quote from: gparrisToshiba is a good brand, the set I saw was fine...buy and enjoy...try to get an extended warranty and see if they offer one with a bulb replacement. :D

I've never been much for extended warranty's. Is bulb replacement on a DLP prone to failure quicker than other technologies?

Saw the Samsung, Mits, and Toshiba at American. Any of these will be a nice upgrade from my 480p Mits. Very hard to compare with default color/contrast settings and when one is on the floor, one is across the way and yet another  up 8 feet on a shelf.

Mark Strube

Holy crud that's a giant center channel! :D

Here I thought I was being not so typical using a standard bookshelf speaker with 6" woofer instead of the tiny speaker most use.

Bebop

Quote from: Mark StrubeHoly crud that's a giant center channel! :D

Here I thought I was being not so typical using a standard bookshelf speaker with 6" woofer instead of the tiny speaker most use.

That's nothing compared to  mine BIC D62 center.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Mark Strube

Uh-oh I've started a contest... don't try to overcompensate for anything now. :rofl:

Paul S.

Quote from: gparrisI don't see the receiver placement - where is it?

2) How did you get that big center channel on top of the SXRD...guess there
is a lot more "real estate" on top of of it than I realized?! :blush:

I modified the other center shelf I made for the other set. There really is no room on top, but theres enough to fit an edge of my white trash shelf I built lol

StarvingForHDTV

Quote from: Paul S.my white trash shelf I built lol

You should really paint the cardboard used to cover the windows.  Other than that, I didn't notice your white trash shelf unit.  I think your theater looks nice.

Paul S.

Quote from: StarvingForHDTVYou should really paint the cardboard used to cover the windows.  Other than that, I didn't notice your white trash shelf unit.  I think your theater looks nice.

lol

I have a roll of duvetyne that I was going to use for that, but I have no clue on how to make it look nice.

Thanks btw!