News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

How do I know I have Roadrunner Turbo??

Started by REVM1M, Thursday Jul 11, 2013, 06:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REVM1M

I had regular roadrunner last month and my bill was about $51.00 and then this month my bill went up to $61.00. When I called to cancel, they upgraded my to Turbo for 12 mo for $51.00. I have NOT noticed any difference on speed. How do I know they did upgrade me to turbo. Speed Tests does not show that much of difference .

techguy1975

Quote from: REVM1M;59453I had regular roadrunner last month and my bill was about $51.00 and then this month my bill went up to $61.00. When I called to cancel, they upgraded my to Turbo for 12 mo for $51.00. I have NOT noticed any difference on speed. How do I know they did upgrade me to turbo. Speed Tests does not show that much of difference .

You may have to reboot your modem for the change to take effect.  If there still is no change, give them a call

REVM1M

Quote from: techboywi;59454You may have to reboot your modem for the change to take effect.  If there still is no change, give them a call

I did reboot, and there was no difference. I will call. Thanks!

budda

Did you run a speed test? Try, speed Test.net. I think it should be like 30 down 10 up something in that area.

REVM1M

Quote from: budda;59457Did you run a speed test? Try, speed Test.net. I think it should be like 30 down 10 up something in that area.

I did, it is around 18 or 19 down and 2 up. That is how it was with my regular roadrunner.

budda

I do not have RR any more I have Charter. But some times as said before, modem has to be restarted. And if modem is too old it will not push the higher speed thru. But the rep should have know what hardware you had. I would start with a restart then call and ask the to adjust your bill and either tweak your settings or send a new Modem. Good luck. :)

kevbeck122

Quote from: REVM1M;59464I did, it is around 18 or 19 down and 2 up. That is how it was with my regular roadrunner.

Turbo is 20 down, 2 up.  Standard is 15/1, but they may still have powerboost running which would show higher speeds on a test.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/internet/internet-service-plans.html