News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Computer Rebooted Twice Seeming Power Loss

Started by Jack 1000, Thursday Dec 20, 2012, 11:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

How bad is the weather out there?  System is clean otherwise.  Is there anything where my Wireless network could cause a power failure in bad weather?  My little lamp light is dimming as well.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

techguy1975

Quote from: Jack 1000;59043How bad is the weather out there?  System is clean otherwise.  Is there anything where my Wireless network could cause a power failure in bad weather?  My little lamp light is dimming as well.

Jack

No...nothing within the wireless can cause a power failure.  Sounds like you're getting power sags (as evidenced by the dimming lamp), it's dipping enough to cause the computer to briefly lose power, and as a result reboot.

Jack 1000

Quote from: techboywi;59044No...nothing within the wireless can cause a power failure.  Sounds like you're getting power sags (as evidenced by the dimming lamp), it's dipping enough to cause the computer to briefly lose power, and as a result reboot.

Thanks!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide