News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New Set Coming for TMJ4

Started by BK7725, Monday Aug 13, 2012, 11:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrschimpf

They went live with the set after football tonight...nice and open and airy, I'm impressed. The set is packed with plenty of screens (one on each portion with several monitor banks), a nice interview area, and no more dura-trans, so they can change the background however they want. Only annoyance is robotic cameras (inevitable, but still hate the loss of that human touch). All of the space in A is much better utilized without the space the duratrans and the backing elements took in the old version.

Whatever my issues with the content of TMJ's newscasts, that no longer applies to what is an great new set that definitely puts WISN's to shame. WITI, your move now.

LoadStar

Quote from: mrschimpf;58879They went live with the set after football tonight...

Minor nit, they actually went live with the new set for the 5:00 news.

mrschimpf

Quote from: LoadStar;58880Minor nit, they actually went live with the new set for the 5:00 news.

Ahh, thanks for the correction (of course, most everyone at 5pm, including me, was on WITI or watching the US Open). Probably for the best then, because you get in a good on air test of the set with a full show, but without the high pressure of a regular-sized audience.

trev57

It's actually really nice. I just don't think that they are using the set to it's full potential yet (i.e. still doing sports from the anchor desk, weather from the green screen). Hopefully that will change.

Screen-caps available here:
http://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?/gallery/album/13-wtmj-tv/

(Side note- Rob Koebel never got to see the new set)

REVM1M

New set is just a little too DARK, may be I will get use to it.

trev57

Did anyone else see them using a live shot of downtown as the main anchor backdrop on Live at Daybreak? I wish they would do that more often.

trev57

I don't know when it happened, but they got rid of everyone's favorite red "HD" bug. Better late than never.

REVM1M

Quote from: trev57;58956I don't know when it happened, but they got rid of everyone's favorite red "HD" bug. Better late than never.

instead of that, they had count down during election day. Just wait, when starts snowing. That is why I have switched to wisn12 and 6witi.

PONIES

You say that as if WISN is an improvement.

I've noticed that they now no longer slap just a 12 bug next to the ABC logo - they slap giant WISN text AND a 12 bug over everything. Last year they were slapping temperatures and weather warnings over everything.

LoadStar

Quote from: PONIES;58959You say that as if WISN is an improvement.

I've noticed that they now no longer slap just a 12 bug next to the ABC logo - they slap giant WISN text AND a 12 bug over everything. Last year they were slapping temperatures and weather warnings over everything.

The bugs on WISN and ABC have gotten way out of hand. The last episode of Castle had a giant promo for some award show on the lower right and a big promo bug of some sort to the lower left. Both of which were from the network, so instead of just calling it a day, WISN then went and put their logo on the upper right. And worse yet, all three were up the entire time of the show.

If it's like that next week, I'm just going to bail and download the Canadian broadcast version, which I believe remains thankfully bug free.

PONIES

If their goal was to drive viewers to piracy then it's working.

I would rather pirate a recording from someone who has an ABC affiliate that isn't an *** than watch WISN's bug polluted crap, higher bitrate or not.

With piracy scene rips being available from other ABC affiliates or international channels, and even logo free copies from retail download services, there is no reason to watch WISN's cluttered mess. WISN isn't even on the radar for me when it comes to sources to view ABC network programming.

murdoc

Quote from: PONIES;58962If their goal was to drive viewers to piracy then it's working.

I would rather pirate a recording from someone who has an ABC affiliate that isn't an *** than watch WISN's bug polluted crap, higher bitrate or not.

With piracy scene rips being available from other ABC affiliates or international channels, and even logo free copies from retail download services, there is no reason to watch WISN's cluttered mess. WISN isn't even on the radar for me when it comes to sources to view ABC network programming.

+1 to everything said here.  My shows are available for download less than an hour after airing, no commercials, no bugs, and I stream them to my Apple TV connected to my TV.