News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New DirecTV HD Program Guide

Started by Tom Snyder, Friday Dec 23, 2011, 11:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

DirecTV will be rolling out their new HD Program Guide and Interface. You can download a release candidate early for the following receviers/DVRS:

H21 • H23 • H24 • H25
HR20 • HR21 • HR22 • HR23 • HR24

Just follow these steps

ONLY Between 10 and 1:30am Central, 12/23 and 12/24:

Hit your red restart button
When the first screen appears, hit:
You'll get the new download.

Let it cycle through all the downloads and receiver self checks, and receiving satellite info

When the receiver starts up, if you don't have the guide, hit your menu button and go to Smart Search and do a KEYWORD SEARCH for:

IAMANEDGECUTTER
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Matt Heebner

Any idea when Milwaukee will get the roll-out  ? I have not even seen a time frame for this DMA

kevbeck122

I'd assume sometime Q1 2012.  I don't think a schedule has been released yet that includes our DMA.  

I've been testing the new guide since early September on my HR22 and I like it a lot.  It's faster/more responsive and looks a lot better than the current blue guide.

davidrab

Quote from: Matt Heebner;58123Any idea when Milwaukee will get the roll-out  ? I have not even seen a time frame for this DMA

Maybe 1/18.

January 18, 2012 -
SPRINGFIELD MO
SHREVEPORT LA
MILWAUKEE WI
PADUCAH KY-CAPE GIRARDEAU MO
COLUMBIA-JEFFERSON CITY MO
GREEN BAY-APPLETON WI
WAUSAU-RHINELANDER WI
MADISON WI
BATON ROUGE LA
LA CROSSE-EAU CLAIRE WI

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=2916998#post2916998

NET10

Christmas weekend I used the trick to download the new guide on our main TV and it worked great. This morning DTV pushed the software to our bedroom box and the menus are different. Is there any way for the main TV's guide to catch up with the bedroom box? I reset the main TV with no success.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

NET10

Sorry. Main box is a HR20/100 and BR is a H24/100
Thanks.

MDR

So the main is the "CE" release ? If so just use the "trick" now to download  the "NR" version on that box.
You can go to the CE forums for more info.
mdr
Cord Cutter

ChannelMaster DVR+
Samsung Ln40b550 HDTV
Samsung Ln32a550 HDTV
ONKYO TX-NR737 Rcvr
Sony SA WCT100 Soundbar
Oppo BDP83 Bluray
Oppo BDP93 Bluray
Twc Broadband
T-Mobile Phone

murdoc

Got the update this morning on both my HR20 and HR22.  So far so good.  Smooth and fast.