News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Best Buy Trade In Center

Started by flash, Monday Mar 31, 2008, 09:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flash

I know this is not for everyone but Best Buy is offering to buy your old electronic devices for a credit (laptops, cameras, cell phones, monitors, pda's etc...)
I know there is Craigs list and eBay and places like that but this is kind of a neat idea
for people that just have old stuff they want to get rid of. You can use their estimator
to give you an idea on what it is worth and they even pay the shipping for you to ship it to them. I'm not a big eBayer or seller on Craigs list but I am thinking of getting rid of some old cell phones and stuff for the in store credit. I checked on an old camera that I have  (circa 1999) and it was worth $57 to them!

Check it out HERE

Bebop

Wow.

My HD DVD player with 5 movies are worth $50. What a deal. :)

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

picopir8

I prefer to give all my old stuff to charity rather than sell it for pennies on the dollar to a company that will use it for profitable gain.  But this is a great thrift value calculator for the donated items claimed when doing taxes.

jkane

It says my Palm Lifedrive is only worth $20.  I know they sell on ebay for at least $90!  Those are becoming a rare device that is no longer supported by Palm.  The value is going up because people are buying htem for spare parts.

It also says my Sony ES50 has "No trade-in value".  It's a fantastic 5 channel surround sound amp.  Worth at least $25 if not $50!  The remote is crap, but that was a design flaw.  If you ever saw one, you'd know what I mean.  It's LCD and the batteries only lasted about a month.  Very cool looking and cool features, but not worth the cost of batteries.

That old 15" CRT I threw out on the curb this mornign is also of no value.  I guess throwing it away was a good plan.  ;)

Pretty much everything else I put in says worthless also.  Oh well.

bubbaridesfast

Quote from: Bebop;45444Wow.

My HD DVD player with 5 movies are worth $50. What a deal. :)

No offense but that's more than I would offer you for it. :D

flash

I agree that church's and charitable organizations could use some of the items also but I figured I'd post the news just in case some members here had extra items and needed the cash.