News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray Disc Player

Started by HDefinicktion, Wednesday Dec 12, 2007, 08:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDefinicktion

I don't know if any of you listen to the HTGuys podcast, but on this weeks podcast, they were pushing the Samsung BD-P1400 1080p Blu-Ray Disc Player for $270 through the HTGuys store with free shipping....which is actually Amazon.  I picked this one up about a week ago at BestBuy open box for $229...updated the firmware and pushed through a few of the discs that I have laying around to see how it looked.  I wanted to make sure it looked nice enough to keep before the 30 days was up.  It has a few nice features including...5.1 analog output, outputs DTS-HD track via HDMI 1.3a, ethernet, and 24fps support.  For the features it seems to be a decent pickup...although on the downside, there has been some issues posted on AVS in reference to drives going bad, and disc compatibility.  These issues seemed to be happening with older firmwares, maybe they fixed the issues of compatibility with newer firmwares.  Enjoy...

http://www.htguys.com/shop.php?id=B000TME35W

gparris

Excellent review and information, thanks.
Having played with it for some time in the store a few days ago tempting my client with buying it to match/use it with their new Samsung 52" LCD panel set, its very good...at this price...almost a giveaway.
Setup was easy, load times were good for a BD player and the onscreen graphics were good.
The 1080p/24, DTS-HD MA output to a AVR that decodes it along with internal Dolby TRUEHD, DD+ and DTS-HD HR decoding and 5.1 analogue outputs makes it an even better deal.
Considering the next lowest BD player is the PS3 at $399, this is a excellent.
Add a HD DVD player for $199 or less and you've gone "purple" under $500!

REVM1M

I had ordered it through Amazon.com ,but after reviewing AVS fourm, that some of dvds stopped playing & there were other issues with this BD player , I canceled my order and will wait for better player . I have PS3 anyway .

SRW1000

Quote from: HDefinicktion;43016I picked this one up about a week ago at BestBuy open box for $229...
Boy, that price point really raises a dilemma.  I would love to go purple at a price under $250 (same as I paid for my Toshiba XA1), but is it worth the trade off of not getting future picture-in-picture features and internet connectivity?  

After seeing what they did with PiP on 300, and what's starting to pop up on the internet-enabled discs, it really is a quandary.  Just watching the movies would be great, but I really like the extra features that we'll see down the line, and it would really bug me not to be able to access them.

Hmmmm. . .

flash

That's a great price for a BD player but the only reason I bought my HD DVD player was the $98 price tag. I hope that dual players come down to the $200 range in 2008 but that is probably just wishful thinking.