News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HD DVD: BYGOF at Amazon!

Started by SRW1000, Tuesday Dec 11, 2007, 10:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRW1000

This is kind of rare for Amazon, but they're having a buy one, get one free HD DVD sale right now.  Quantities are limited, and it doesn't say how long this will be going on.

These have been pretty prevalent for Blu-ray, but there haven't been too many for HD DVD.

It's a good time to stock up for anyone that just bought a player, or is expecting one under the Christmas tree.

There's also a rumor of a similar deal coming up from Best Buy, but Amazon's prices are usually much lower to begin with, making this sale especially nice.

Scott

Ralph Kramden

That's a nice deal, but there's not many good movies on that list.

Steve Mann

Quote from: Ralph Kramden;43054That's a nice deal, but there's not many good movies on that list.

I would agree with that. But, I was able to decided on four of them. The final pricing came out to about $12 each. Not bad pricing at all for an HD DVD. That's about the price they need to be all the time.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

gparris

Thanks for information...this is great!;)

FYI: endgadgethd has reported on some "Harry Potter" 5-disc sets, Warner Bros. went "purple" on them on some Blu-ray sets with a HD DVD inserted, instead.
Hopefully, the HD DVD sets from Amazon.com won't come with any Blu-ray Discs in them!:eek:

steve053

Quote from: gparris;43086Thanks for information...this is great!;)

FYI: endgadgethd has reported on some "Harry Potter" 5-disc sets, Warner Bros. went "purple" on them on some Blu-ray sets with a HD DVD inserted, instead.
Hopefully, the HD DVD sets from Amazon.com won't come with any Blu-ray Discs in them!:eek:

That's funny.  I just opened my Tosh A3 yesterday and the 300 HD disk had a 2 page Blu-ray insert.  Fortunately the disk was HD DVD.

gparris

Wow...a BD insert? That's odd but not all that confusing to me

The way I see it, HD DVD is a good way to start getting the best your HDTV can offer and the mixed messages (or discs) are because the distributor is Warner Bros. who did these films (Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, etc.). does both Blu-ray Disc and HD DVDs.
:D