News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HD-A2: $99 at Walmart, 11/2/07 Only!

Started by SRW1000, Thursday Nov 01, 2007, 12:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRW1000

As part of their Secret In-Store Specials promotion, Walmart will be offering the HD-A2 this Friday for only $99 (while supplies last)!  :eek:

One caveat:  There is an asterisk next to the price, stating the price may be higher for those of us living in Wisconsin.  (I'm guessing it's due to our archaic minimum mark up law.)

They are also featuring some HD DVD movies for just $14.96.

Go to Walmart.com, and click on the Secret In-Store Specials link for all the details.

This is a fantastic deal, for anyone thinking about upgrading to HD DVD.

Scott

Ralph Kramden

I don't see that link.

LoadStar

Note the fine print that says that prices may vary in Wisconsin (among 3 or 4 other states). I would highly suspect that you will not find the $99 HD-DVD player in the state at all.

RLJSlick

Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

Steve Mann

Quote from: RLJSlick;42012Best Buy is selling the same one it looks like now:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/01/best-buy-offers-the-toshiba-hd-a2-for-100-too-and-other-hd-dv/

Yeah, but not a one in stock in SE Wisconsin. :(  I tried getting CC to refund the difference between BBs price and what I paid for mine at CC last Friday. They were going to honor their 'price guarantee' until they called BB and found they had none in stock in any of the local stores.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

HDefinicktion

Well, it has been an interesting day.  I decided to go to the Circuit City in McHenry, Illinois because they said they had then in stock at $197.  I was going to be headed out of school for lunch anyway, so it seemed like a good idea.  When I got there their stock showed up as two.  They couldn't find one, and I was not going to take the floor model, so they gave me the HD-A20 at the same price.  Not a bad option...since I was originally going to just get the A2 until a 1080p model came down in price, and move the A2 to the basement on the 720p set.  This works out well.  The only issue I think I will have is sending in the rebate as the receipt says HD-A2...and not the HD-A20.

Naturally I wanted to get my hands on Transformers as a test run, but they didn't have one, so I had to stop at my local Wally World (Burlington) on the way home.  Sure enough they have a huge advertisement for the A2 in the door as a secret sale starting tomorrow morning at 8.  The salesman in electronics said that they received 20 of them for the sale.

SRW1000

Quote from: HDefinicktion;42025Well, it has been an interesting day.  I decided to go to the Circuit City in McHenry, Illinois because they said they had then in stock at $197.  I was going to be headed out of school for lunch anyway, so it seemed like a good idea.  When I got there their stock showed up as two.  They couldn't find one, and I was not going to take the floor model, so they gave me the HD-A20 at the same price.
That is a really nice deal for the A-20.  Congratulations.

davezen2

Just got back from the Walmart in Germantown...

With Wisconsin's minimum markup law, the players are ringing up at about $190.

Drummerboy

This minimum mark-up law needs to be addressed.  Anyone good at writing letters so we can let our district representatives know how we feel about it (assuming others are disappointed with this law)?  If someone wrote up a form letter and posted it here (or may be in the off topic forums) may be we could initiate corrective action (that's a fat may be).
Drummerboy, Computer & Network Engineer
Waukesha

HDefinicktion

I am never one to stand in lines for items around Christmas, but I decided to go into the Walmart on my way to work this morning and pick one of the A2s for 99 bucks.  It has to be better than the upconverting player I am using now.  Everyone that was standing in line was there for some $350 laptop.  I walked in bought it, and was out in 15 minutes.  They had 10 in the pile that I grabbed from.  They also had a stack of HDDVDs for $14 as well....The Big Lebowski tonight.

Steve Mann

Quote from: HDefinicktion;42037I am never one to stand in lines for items around Christmas, but I decided to go into the Walmart on my way to work this morning and pick one of the A2s for 99 bucks.  ...

This was a Wisconsin Wal-Mart? As stated up thread, I didn't think they could sell them here at below costs. I called the local WM in Pewaukee and they told me the price was at $198.00.

EDIT: Looking at where Waterford is, I bet you work in IL and stopped there for the A2?
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

HDefinicktion

I went to the Burlington Walmart this morning.  I live in Waterford, but work near Wilmot, which is close the border.  The nearest Circuit City was about 12 miles from the school I work at.  I went there yesterday for the A2, but ended up getting the A20 for $199.

RLJSlick

Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

LuckySe7ens

If you haven't had luck finding them, CircuitCity.com appears to be selling them for $130 now, with free shipping.

It's not $99, but still not a bad deal.