News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Organizing programs on TWC HD DVR

Started by yaderhey, Monday Sep 20, 2004, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yaderhey

I haven't seen this feature, but is there a way to create folders or somehow organize recorded shows other than in reverse chronological order?  Kind of annoying to surf through 50 episodes of The Simpsons to find any other show.

gparris

The generic DVR you have rented allows for several things, but filing is not one of them.
The Tivo allows you to spell specific words and has up to almost 2 weeks for seaching, but as to specific seaches with the TWC DVR, well, lets say, if you don't know what time it is on or what channel, you have to go thru a lot, sorry.
I hope that when Directv gets the other DVRs, say, for the HD locals, by-passing (possibly) the Tivo altogether as I understand it now, they keep some of its better-loved features without giving like what we currently rent in for cable.
I have to go thru all the S's just to find one show, look thru what feels like a ton of shows even using the genre theme to find anything.
But what the heck, it records in HD without spending hundreds of dollars.
;)
Here is what  I do as a backup-go the web site and search for the program and see if that works and then scan for the date and time on the DVR, then record it.
When I exchanged my SD DVR for the HD one, I literally wrote down every show I recorded by name, date and time and then scanned it in the new DVR until I found it and if I missed it by one day (only a 6-day log at a time), I waited until the next day to lock unto it, then pressed for record series, etc....
I know its a headache...:D