News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Finally! WMLW in HD Coming to TWC! (In March)

Started by Jack 1000, Monday Feb 13, 2012, 01:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArgMeMatey

Quote from: PONIES;58295I thought WMLW had its own frequency it's been wasting? Channel 13? 41.1?

They've stuck a single SD channel there and wasted all that potential bandwidth, whilst bogging down CBS 58 with multiple subchannels.

Are they really going to try and put WMLW HD on CBS's frequency when they've already got 13?

I was assuming they would be running as high as they could on 41.1 but keeping 58.2 at the abysmal bitrate they're now running.  

I can't see how they could try to increase 58.2 and keep a straight face when viewers complained about the rest of 58.  Although I have to wonder how many people with functioning cortexes are tuned in to 58.3 and 58.4 on a regular basis.  

Hopefully somebody in the know will comment.

morning traffic

Quote from: klwillis45;58291It will be nice to finally see the Crew in HD on WMLW in something other than MLBN highlights or lookins.  Buh bye screen door SD.

No Brewer games will be on WMLW this season from what I heard, regardless of the HD upgrade.

klwillis45

Quote from: morning traffic;58315No Brewer games will be on WMLW this season from what I heard, regardless of the HD upgrade.
Link? I'm a huge Brewers fan & I haven't heard that.

edit: Looks like it's true

morning traffic

From what I know, Telemundo Wisconsin will still also carry some Sunday home games.

jjallou

Now no Brewers on WMLW?

A requirement for a professional sports franchise whose stadium they play in is subsidized by TAX DOLLARS should have all or most of their games available for free over the air!

More reasons to stop supporting this greedy nonsense.

morning traffic

Quote from: jjallou;58320Now no Brewers on WMLW?

A requirement for a professional sports franchise whose stadium they play in is subsidized by TAX DOLLARS should have all or most of their games available for free over the air!

More reasons to stop supporting this greedy nonsense.

You still own a radio, correct?

PONIES

The only thing more pathetic than watching the same sports game played over and over but with different colored uniforms and marginally different outcomes is listening to it described via an audio only medium.

There is literally nothing less important in life than memorizing sports scores.

trev57

Quote from: PONIES;58325The only thing more pathetic than watching the same sports game played over and over but with different colored uniforms and marginally different outcomes is listening to it described via an audio only medium.

There is literally nothing less important in life than memorizing sports scores.
Awesome, you've spoken your piece. Now let's just end the personal attacks before they get out of hand.

mrschimpf

Just saw a promo for the WIAA hockey finals on 58 and it looks like they want it on earlier than the 12th; they're promoting those that are on Thursday-Saturday as 'in HD where available' on WMLW.

WITI6fan

Those promos are produced by the WIAA, if I recall correctly. The stations just slap on their own logo.

mrschimpf

Quote from: WITI6fan;58329Those promos are produced by the WIAA, if I recall correctly. The stations just slap on their own logo.

Yes, it was a boilerplate WIAA ad, but at the end is the place where the affiliates put their information, and the regular WMLW VO was stating it would be in HD.

Also today WMLW began to display a permanent on-screen bug during programming that certainly is higher quality than their bugs used to be (or for those who remember when 58 bugged CBS programming in the late 90's with the three-color 58 square), so the process is being suggested as almost done.

trev57

Does anyone else think that wmlw bug looks weird? I don't think I've ever seen one that's completely transparent.

ArgMeMatey

I got a kick out of the errant preacher report on tonight's 9 PM newscast; they used an "unregistered" (watermarked) program to get some lousy looking online video into their report.  

Not that they can control the quality of something from YouTube, but they probably could have ponied up for the shareware fee!

hoophead

Well, mid March is here now and no Brewers on the channel.
I may have dreamt it but thought I heard the WIAA games will be in HD.

A guy can dream, right?!?
cistinebiggrinA

trev57

Well, it was supposed to be added today. And since I don't have TWC, can someone fill me in?