News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC SE Wisconsin: New Channels and Changes!

Started by Jack 1000, Saturday Oct 01, 2011, 01:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gparris

Quote from: PONIES;57985All the channels are now live and in their respective slots.

1111   HUBHD
1219   GSNHD
1645   SHOXHD
1680   SKFHD

That makes 16 HD channel additions this year.

Time Warner's HD total for this market is now 116 channels.

Decent, but still needs some work. Time Warner NYC division has over 30 more HD channels than this market. TWC Wisconsin now has more HD than DirecTV, Dish, and especially Charter who've been eyeing up this market for some time. Charter is really awful with small HD counts and bandwidth caps. I hope Time Warner never sells this market off to them. The rest of Wisconsin has it pretty rough under Charter's reign of terror. Milwaukee is an island in a sea of mediocrity.

Now that I moved and TWC has added more HD channels and Directv is still not so interested,I will try to keep them longer...but Charter ever taking over...then its off to any competitor...Charter is awful and ATT is a challenge.

nwerner

As a Directv customer I was just wondering if the switched digital pixelation is still a problem with TWC or has that been cleaned up some?

Jack 1000

Quote from: nwerner;57998As a Directv customer I was just wondering if the switched digital pixelation is still a problem with TWC or has that been cleaned up some?

No it is still a problem,

Every time that TWC adds new channels or services, we get about 3-5 days of pixiation, flickering, blank screens on certain channels, but not others.  It takes about a week for everything to clear up.  Than, when they add new channels, the issue comes back again.  If TWC would clear up bandwidth by removing channels 2-99, with the solve exception of those that are required by government and city municipalities, that would clear so much bandwidth.  Bandwidth is strained.  And I am hoping almost for no new channel additions, until they can clean up this pixiation mess every time for several days when new stations are added.

Why do we need channels in triplicate on Standard Service, Digital Service, and HD?  Even Family Choice can some times offer placement of up to four duplicate channel slots!  There should be no more than two.  The SD version and the HD version.  Or as some critics have suggested, just have the HD feed.  I don't know if I would want just the HD feed, because there are times when the HD station does not come in, "Channel Not Available, Press A to Try Again."  And I LIKE having the SD equivalent as a backup.  OR I will use the SD backup if I know that an HD channel is NOT broadcasting an HD program, or sometimes to conserve DVR space.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

PONIES

What pixelation mess?

With the last 8 channel additions I had no issues except for OWN HD being glitchy the second day.

And you better believe I hopped on GSN HD immediately and started recording every HD show on the channel - no video errors in any of the recordings.

Jack 1000

Quote from: PONIES;58000What pixelation mess?

With the last 8 channel additions I had no issues except for OWN HD being glitchy the second day.

And you better believe I hopped on GSN HD immediately and started recording every HD show on the channel - no video errors in any of the recordings.

The first batch of HD additions we got that did not even need to go into test mode was at least on my end, perfect.  The last batch of channels that Ponies, you had asked about why they were in the test query for 10 days with no video.  I had about three to five days of problems.  Thought DVR was going bad and this was I think on Thursday or Friday.  But it seems to have improved with each passing day.

Jack

grenier

Quote from: Jack 1000;58001Thought DVR was going bad and this was I think on Thursday or Friday.  But it seems to have improved with each passing day.

I was having issues with my DVR not picking up new episodes that I had scheduled through the record series option, I had to manually record them. It seems like it might be resolved.
Cisco 8640HDC

PONIES

This has to do with Daylight Savings Time and a glitch in Navigator.

If you have series scheduled for a specific time slot, it thinks it's an hour off and won't record.

Jack 1000

Quote from: PONIES;58004This has to do with Daylight Savings Time and a glitch in Navigator.

If you have series scheduled for a specific time slot, it thinks it's an hour off and won't record.

During the Daylight Savings Time change over, I had a show that went from 12:00-2:15, and Remote DVR Manager cited it as 12:00-1:15.  When I scheduled, it and payed it back, the time of 12:00-1:15 was shown, but the duration of the show was still two hours.  The progress bar showed 2:15 for the run time.  (I padded 15-minutes.)  The compensation worked.  I am on Navigator ODN 4.1.06.

Jack