News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC-Caller ID on TV Not Working-Brookfield

Started by Jack 1000, Monday Sep 12, 2011, 03:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

This is to report that Caller ID on TV is not working today for the city of Brookfield on TWC. (September 12, 2011.)

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

grenier

The Caller ID issues seems resolved but the channel guide isn't updating as normal.
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Quote from: grenier;57837The Caller ID issues seems resolved but the channel guide isn't updating as normal.

Still no Caller ID on TV here in Brookfield.  What city are you in?

Jack

grenier

I'm in Cudahy.

I called this afternoon about the Caller ID issue and they said it should be back to normal within 24 hours.
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

grenier

It would be nice if Time Warner had a Facebook page to post system outages and problems.
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Quote from: grenier;57854It would be nice if Time Warner had a Facebook page to post system outages and problems.

Very much so, or even something through My Services!

Jack

Jack 1000

Caller ID on TV down today in Brookfield.  Any updates?

Jack

Jack 1000

Can someone please clarify the Prompt for Caller ID on an ODN? (C-Model or Samsung box?)

On my SA-8300HDC box with ODN Navigator what should the display read if we want the Caller ID alert to show:

Our caller ID on TV has been out since yesterday. It currently reads: Prompt: Off. Now does that mean that that the prompt is ON and if we want to turn it off, we want the display to say Prompt On? I am pretty sure it does. But just need a quick check. MDN had a check mark that said when the prompt was on, and you could also vary the amount of time the call showed on the screen. ODN does not have that.

Jack

PS. I turned the prompt to On. The Wisconsin division instructions give MDN info only! Nothing for the ODN box!

Jack 1000

SOLVED: ODN boxes must show the Prompt as ON for the call alerts to display. Note that calls will still be recorded even if alert is turned off or the box is off.

Satch

Jack 1000

Caller ID on out today,

Additionally several HD/SDV channels going off and on today.  (i.e station not available, press A to try again.)

Jack

PONIES

Quote from: Jack 1000;57954Additionally several HD/SDV channels going off and on today.  (i.e station not available, press A to try again.)

This has always happened to me since I've been with Time Warner. I don't think it's anything new.

I have to reboot my DVR daily because of this ****. Is this the only way to fix it? It's the only thing I've found so far.

Jack 1000

Quote from: PONIES;57957This has always happened to me since I've been with Time Warner. I don't think it's anything new.

I have to reboot my DVR daily because of this ****. Is this the only way to fix it? It's the only thing I've found so far.

I just ride out the SDV "Channel Not Available" **** and than within hours, they just come back like nothing happened.  I have not had to reboot my box in months, and the last time, it had to reboot, cause of a commercial power failure.

Jack

Jack 1000

Still no Caller ID on TV pop-up for the last day and a half. SDV issues are fixed though.  Prompt on ODN box is set to on.  Will do a support ticket.

Jack

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;57970Still no Caller ID on TV pop-up for the last day and a half. SDV issues are fixed though.  Prompt on ODN box is set to on.  Will do a support ticket.

Jack

Just came up testing it!  Strange!

Jack