News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Where's the best place to find home theater seating?

Started by 720p, Saturday Aug 06, 2005, 04:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

720p

I'm wondering where the best place to find home theater seating in the Milwaukee area is.  I noticed in this past week's American TV ad that they have two different sets of HT seats but they're a bit costlier than I'd like to pay.  Also one of them is leather, I have two young children so I'd rather not invest a lot of money into something as fancy as that.   I guess I'd like something inbetween those pictured in the American ad and those you'd find at our local Marcus Theatres.  Thanks in advance for any help anyone here can provide.

Tom Snyder

Leather may seem expensive, but the first time one of your gremlins dumps a cherry Kool aid into a fabric seat, you'll wish you had leather. ;)
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

720p

Quote from: Tom SnyderLeather may seem expensive, but the first time one of your gremlins dumps a cherry Kool aid into a fabric seat, you'll wish you had leather. ;)

Yeah perhaps you're right about spills but I was more concerned that the leather would get torn easily from frequent use.

Tom Snyder

Leather is pretty durable, and if it tears, it's amzing how easy (and completely) it is to repair.

We got ours from American, and the delivery guys put a pretty good sized gash in the upholstery on one of them. They offered us our choice of waiting for a new one or getting a substantial discount if we'd just have them come out and repair the tear. We picked the fix. You can't even see where the tear was!
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

720p

Quote from: Tom SnyderLeather is pretty durable, and if it tears, it's amzing how easy (and completely) it is to repair.

We got ours from American, and the delivery guys put a pretty good sized gash in the upholstery on one of them. They offered us our choice of waiting for a new one or getting a substantial discount if we'd just have them come out and repair the tear. We picked the fix. You can't even see where the tear was!

Well that's good to hear.  Looks like I'll be picking up some HT seats from American next time they have them on sale.  My wife and I are heading out there today to check them out and make sure we like them.  Thanks for your input. :)

Den Mayer

I went thru the Home Theater seating study 6 months ago......

for a 14' by 12' TV  room & dumped the HT purchase due to both

seating arrangement inflexibility & seat comfort.

What I did do is buy locally in GBay two different leather

Barcalounger recliners with a 3rd to be purchased...

One is giant sized, other a narrower & more comfortable unit....

and they cost a pretty penny even with the store discount.

I rate seating comfort (with a nice head rest angle, which I do not

have) as most important...     without falling a sleep....  too often..

I think I spent the most time with the many Berkline HT options.

jkane

Can't you just sew leather up and wait 6 weeks for it to heal?   :rofl:

mrmike

J.C. Penny's has some nice theatre seating squirreled away in the home furnishings department.  They carry Berkline and Lane last I was in there.