News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New DVR Code For SA8000

Started by RS922, Tuesday Oct 19, 2004, 07:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RS922

Looks like new code was downloaded overnight.  My HD box  rebooted earlier this am and it now has a new software version.  I'm hearing it will address many of the picture issues that had been occurring, but will not fix issues with previously recorded programs.

Mark Strube

I actually do think I noticed an improvement... my box was recording 2 HD programs at the same time tonight, and no pixelization issues. Awesome.

Question: I've been thinking of giving my box a reboot, I haven't for awhile (holding down power button), will this make it re-download the firmware? Or will it revert back to an old version?

Andrew Grall

Has anyone checked yet to see if the update enabled the DVI port?

Mark Strube

I've got a DVI cable constantly connected... no signal yet.

Andrew Grall

Mark Strube

The only reason I'd really like DVI activated is it would free up one of my two component connectors.

Andrew Grall

sarusk

What's the new version number and how do I check to see if I have it yet. I get a ton of audio dropouts, hoping this will address it.

gparris

Sorry, same old same old and I just had my Digital Phone installed recently with a TWC installer coming out to recheck everything, so I know it is the box and nothing else.
:(

Last night was pixelation, dropouts and choppy sound while I was recording two HD shows at once.
So after recording both, I watched decided to try watching the second one so recorded and got the same thing as I got from the live feed...it seemed almost worse than before the "new code".
How can you follow plot lines with such dropouts, sometimes...you say "what did he/she say?" then try to back up and still a mess...
I would recommend the TWC HD DVR for anyone who wants to record HD, but has the patience of a saint, have a steady hand with a remote and can read lips.

:rolleyes:

Mark Strube

No problems with the new code til tonight, was recording CSI and Life As We Know It at the same time, two HD shows... dropouts on Life As We Know It, haven't checked CSI yet.

However, I didn't notice any problems till tonight, this new code DID fix some issues, because I was recording two HD programs at the same time last night as well, with NO problems. It also fixed most of the issues of hitting the live button while it's recording something, barely any glitches with that now. Are you sure your box got the new code?

summerfun

You know not all the drops outs are the DVR box. I have a second HD TV with the NON DVR box and it has drop outs as well. Some of it is TWC and some of it is the networks. OTA has problems as well.

It makes if very difficult to diagnose a problem with so many variables.

borghe

ummmmm.... OTA RARELY has problems... I mean as in I can't think of a single real problem this season yet.. even a slightly annoying one..

not saying OTA doesn't have issues at times, but really with a great antenna and a strong signal I can't remember the last dropout I've had OTA.

Bigdog

How can you tell if your box as the updated code?

summerfun

QuoteOriginally posted by borghe
ummmmm.... OTA RARELY has problems... I mean as in I can't think of a single real problem this season yet.. even a slightly annoying one..

not saying OTA doesn't have issues at times, but really with a great antenna and a strong signal I can't remember the last dropout I've had OTA.
My point was to look other places than just the box. It could be other issues. HD is new and it is only as strong as the weakest link, and there are a lot of weak links right now.

A problem could be the box, or cable, or the local station or the network.

There have certainly been plenty of complaints and postings on this site about bad OTA. Fox 6 ring a bell? Many times, it is a station or network issue and that affects OTA customers just the same as cable customers.

mhz40

Thanks for the feedback UnrealityS & gparris.  I have forwarded your results to one of the local people regularly involved on the conference calls regarding this issue.