News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC Navigator/Box Updates

Started by Jack 1000, Tuesday Aug 03, 2010, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Quote from: grenier;59849All of the channels from 01 - 846 are missing from the Channel Guide lineup. The actual channels are available, they just aren't in the listing. They disappeared sometime yesterday afternoon.

It's weird.

There is an update forthcoming that will fix (supposedly) all the little bugs with this last update.  The star ratings for the movies are also coming back.

Do you mean that the guide shows, "Data Not Available" for the data cells in the Time Grid?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

grenier

Quote from: Jack 1000;59850Do you mean that the guide shows, "Data Not Available" for the data cells in the Time Grid?

No, the channels were not showing at all, totally missing. The guide started at 602 (I was wrong before) and ended at 1800.

I figured it out, I feel dumb. My friend was watching TV and she selected "High Definition" on the guide, it filtered out all of the missing channels.
Cisco 8640HDC

grenier

Is Channel 1001 new? I just noticed it, it's called Portal (on Demand Portal) but it doesn't appear to do anything. It just says to call Customer Care, no mention of a price or what it shows.
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Quote from: grenier;59857Is Channel 1001 new? I just noticed it, it's called Portal (on Demand Portal) but it doesn't appear to do anything. It just says to call Customer Care, no mention of a price or what it shows.

On the cloud-based boxes, (Cisco, Samsungs, and Motorolas) that channel is going to be a port for all of your VOD settings and more.  I think you are going to be able to manage other box settings through that channel as well.  The SA, HDC's aren't ready for cloud service migration, so they won't get that setting for awhile.

Satch

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;59858On the cloud-based boxes, (Cisco, Samsungs, and Motorolas) that channel is going to be a port for all of your VOD settings and more.  I think you are going to be able to manage other box settings through that channel as well.  The SA, HDC's aren't ready for cloud service migration, so they won't get that setting for awhile.

Satch

I also have the On Demand Portal on my SA-8300HDC box (Channel 1001)  Maybe TWC is just going to consolidate On Demand into one channel for ALL boxes.  Will find out.

Jack

Jack 1000

There was a software update on the boxes last night, but I did not notice any changes.  It seemed to be a two-three boot thing, so maybe something's coming.

Jack

grenier

I didn't get an update.

My Caller ID on TV had been messed up for weeks, the call log part. It seems to log the calls but it doesn't display them until the box reboots.
Cisco 8640HDC

ddeerrff

We got the new DVR menu.  It's going to take a while to get used to.

grenier

My box rebooted last night, I don't see anything new. I was recording a movie when the reboot happened, it showed it was still recording ten hours hours later.
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Quote from: ddeerrff;59885We got the new DVR menu.  It's going to take a while to get used to.

SA Boxes will still have the regular menu.  Some things (hopefully) fixed:

1.) Original Airdate of episodes should now be correct-it was off a day in the last release.

2.) DVR Compensation now "Sticks." It had been going back to normal

3.) Other small bug fixes.

A bug that still remains is in the old search keyboard, Most video on demand stuff goes to the VOD Portal Channel, Channel 1001, which is not available for SA boxes.  Workaround is to go to VOD with the "A" button, or channels 500, 1000, and 1500 series set and choose a VOD show that way.

On the non-SA boxes, did this upgrade bring the new VOD channel 1001 to life, with VOD searching and cover art?  If not, that's coming.

Satch

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;59889SA Boxes will still have the regular menu.  Some things (hopefully) fixed:

1.) Original Airdate of episodes should now be correct-it was off a day in the last release.

2.) DVR Compensation now "Sticks." It had been going back to normal

3.) Other small bug fixes.

A bug that still remains is in the old search keyboard, Most video on demand stuff goes to the VOD Portal Channel, Channel 1001, which is not available for SA boxes.  Workaround is to go to VOD with the "A" button, or channels 500, 1000, and 1500 series set and choose a VOD show that way.

On the non-SA boxes, did this upgrade bring the new VOD channel 1001 to life, with VOD searching and cover art?  If not, that's coming.

Satch

Oh yea,

Star ratings for the movies come back with this update.

Satch

grenier

Glitch with the latest update: if I cancel and delete a recording in progress it keeps reappearing as recording. I did it today at Noon and it kept reappearing every few minutes, showing it was recording from Noon to 12:30. It wasn't recording anything, it was hours past the showing. A reboot fixes the problem, it's happened twice already.
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Quote from: grenier;59896Glitch with the latest update: if I cancel and delete a recording in progress it keeps reappearing as recording. I did it today at Noon and it kept reappearing every few minutes, showing it was recording from Noon to 12:30. It wasn't recording anything, it was hours past the showing. A reboot fixes the problem, it's happened twice already.

Does the record light go off when the time is done?  When it would stop anyway?  And on what box is this?  I can report this to my cable source.

Jack

grenier

Quote from: Jack 1000;59897Does the record light go off when the time is done?  When it would stop anyway?  And on what box is this?  I can report this to my cable source.

The recording light goes off after I initially cancel the recording, it just says it's recording in the DVR menu. It's a Cisco 8640HDC.
Cisco 8640HDC

grenier

Had an update last night, I now have the new DVR menu. Seems like a lot more clicks to do things, such as deleting a show or just getting program information. The series manager doesn't give an option to record at a specific time, at least not for previously set up series. It appears you have to delete and reschedule the series if you want to change the recording time.

Also, hitting the B button from the DVR menu used to bring up other showings of the program, it doesn't do that anymore, it just goes to the top of the search page.
Cisco 8640HDC