News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Tim Cuprisin 1958 - 2011

Started by Tom Snyder, Wednesday Nov 23, 2011, 01:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

Tim died of Melanoma today.

Over the years, we had a sometimes adversarial relationship. But recently Tim and I had overcome our differences and had become Twitter friends. Discovered we had lots in common.

Just saw him a few months ago when Susan Kim and Vince Vitrano invited me in to the studio at TMJ4 to tape a pilot for show they they were thinking of doing. I was surprised to find that Tim was the other guest. We had a great exchange on the show, and after it was done, we stood in the parking lot and yakked for awhile like old friends. Great last memory.

Details are here: http://onmilwaukee.com/news/articles/cuprisinobit.html
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

techguy1975

No time is a good time to die, but it's always sad to see this so close to the holidays.  I didn't know Tim personally, but read his articles on JSOnline, and OnMilwaukee, as well as his tweets.  True, he wasn't really on the bandwagon initially for HDTV but I still very much enjoyed reading his articles.  He will be missed.  RIP Tim. :(

Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

ArgMeMatey

Quote from: Tom Snyder;58037Over the years, we had a sometimes adversarial relationship. But recently Tim and I had overcome our differences and had become Twitter friends. Discovered we had lots in common.
I enjoyed his columns and hearing him on the radio.  I will miss his perspective and his offbeat tweets as well.  

I fired off a note to get his perspective on this thread ... http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8278  
... and within roughly five minutes he called me, ranting about y'all.  Good times.

trev57

Really sad to hear. I enjoyed reading his articles everyday and occasionally exchanging emails with him, even though I didn't always agree with him. RIP Tim