News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC Please Investigate Intermittent Loss of Picture on Channels 19, 1005, and 1012

Started by Jack 1000, Sunday Dec 19, 2010, 08:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xizer

Quote from: Jack 1000;57197Why doesn't TWC want to provide help on a public forum like the competition does

They do.

https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/timewarnerdirect

klwillis45

Quote from: Jack 1000;57195Some years ago, I read that TWC had at least 80% of its subs on a Digital Box, so I don't know how much smaller they expect that 20% analog audience to get before they go to an all-digital format.

Jack
That seems quite a high % & even if it is accurate I bet it is  certainly misleading.

I have 2 cable boxes in my house. I also have 3 tvs hooked up with no box.

Jack 1000

Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

ddeerrff

The way that dslreports site is set up, it's more of a PM than a public forum.  Other than the thread title, you can't even read others problems.  Don't know how that is really any different than emailing TWC support.  IMHO, it's just about useless.

Jack 1000

Quote from: ddeerrff;57201The way that dslreports site is set up, it's more of a PM than a public forum.  Other than the thread title, you can't even read others problems.  Don't know how that is really any different than emailing TWC support.  IMHO, it's just about useless.

Yea,

I saw that.  They probably want to keep the communications specific between the user reporting the issue and the tech for a smooth uninterrupted communication.  However, it would be better if others could at least SEE the issues.

But maybe there is sensitive account information in there as well.  In light of this, I think I am going to remove that bookmark.

Jack

PS.  Note that on DSL reports, some forums can be read and responded to accordingly.  I used to go to the Navigator forum over there.  However, certain communities can request "Read Only" or "Write Only" with security, which is the way TWC wants their topic forum for direct tech contact established.

brewtownska

I can personally see some use to that dslreports.com as a way to possibly get another set of eyes to look at a long standing Roadrunner question/issue I've had, so thanks for the link!

In the case of Jack, his issue is more television related, so I doubt the TWC techs assigned to dslreports.com could even provide any help (that's me assuming they only deal with Roadrunner issues on that site).
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Xizer

lol, dude's been bitching about Time Warner Cable for months and how he can't get in touch with them properly and now that he finally has an opportunity to get some direct support with some techs he won't spend a few seconds to make an account at BBR and post a thread about his problems at a board that Time Warner employees actually read.

This whole thread is one long rollercoaster of fail. :rolleyes:

gparris

Last night , I had severe tearing and breakups on channels 1004 and 1005. Recorded channels had little problem for a time, then pixelation errors and breakups during viewing, so it must be the TWC system.
Just as an experiment, I watched a show with my friend's Directv feed over the phone, just to see what it was, it was TWC's crappy SDV system, as his DirectvHD picture was (as usual), perfect over the hour's show viewing. He asked me if I had weather problems, jokingly, as that is cable's usual "line".
I responded back that I get so-called satellite picture breakups at no extra charge anytime, with TWC. He laughed and then apologized.

-I guess that is why it is called DirectTV, because you don't have to go through cable lines, SDV and other garbage to get your HD signal, huh?:huh?:

LoadStar

Quote from: gparris;57206Last night , I had severe tearing and breakups on channels 1004 and 1005. Recorded channels had little problem for a time, then pixelation errors and breakups during viewing, so it must be the TWC system.
Just as an experiment, I watched a show with my friend's Directv feed over the phone, just to see what it was, it was TWC's crappy SDV system, as his DirectvHD picture was (as usual), perfect over the hour's show viewing. He asked me if I had weather problems, jokingly, as that is cable's usual "line".
I responded back that I get so-called satellite picture breakups at no extra charge anytime, with TWC. He laughed and then apologized.

-I guess that is why it is called DirectTV, because you don't have to go through cable lines, SDV and other garbage to get your HD signal, huh?:huh?:

Neither 1004 nor 1005 are SDV channels. Those are clear QAM channels.

gparris

Quote from: LoadStar;57207Neither 1004 nor 1005 are SDV channels. Those are clear QAM channels.
Correct...but we were watching the SYFY channel that time. 1004, etc. is the other digital mess TWC has been delivering lately in our area.

Jack 1000

Quote from: Xizer;57204lol, dude's been bitching about Time Warner Cable for months and how he can't get in touch with them properly and now that he finally has an opportunity to get some direct support with some techs he won't spend a few seconds to make an account at BBR and post a thread about his problems at a board that Time Warner employees actually read.

This whole thread is one long rollercoaster of fail. :rolleyes:

OK!  I will plan to put the bookmark back again!

Jack

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;57209OK!  I will plan to put the bookmark back again!

Jack

Done!

This is the Direct to Tech Forum:

https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/timewarnerdirect

1.) You must first register with a DSL account or log in first.

2.) Other threads cannot be read or responded to issues.  Only the threads you create with the tech conversion can have responses.  This should allow for direct communication until a problem is resolved.

3.) You can get your serial number(s) for you cable box(s) at the My Services section of the website.  You must register for a My Services account before you can use My Services.

4.) Your first post to TWC's Direct to Tech DSL Report forums will state the rules and regulations.  Read them carefully.

Jack

Jack 1000

An important heads up:

TWC will be making some channel changes to Standard Service channels on or about May 24th.  In the days leading up to and probably following the change-over, due to the past issues with CBS-58 (Ch. 1005) and  ABC-12 (Ch 1012) there will likely be some drop-outs of these stations during typical maintenance hours between 1-5 am.

I will bet the farm that those stations above will be most effected

Sparring the CSR's who won't know about this, and will simply arrange a truck roll for a probable box swap, PLEASE TWC TECHS if you are reading this, put a VOICEMAIL MESSAGE on your Customer Service number during the early morning hours of the system maintenance. And spread the word to your CSR operators about the planned maintenance ASAP.

You should get more information about the channel changes with a new guide in the mail, or at the TWC-Wisconsin Website:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/Wisconsin/learn/cable/navigator/default.html

Scroll to bottom of page, and look for the indicator notice to change in about 5 second increments for "New Channel Lineups."  Click on that for more information.

Jack

Jack 1000

After about five months of no problems.  We are back to HD picture fade-outs and pixiation on the following HD channels for TWC in the Greenfield Heights sub-division in Brookfield on TWC:

The following stations are affected.  (Note that the SD equivalents are not.)

Channel 1005-CBS HD
Channel 1015
Channel 1012-ABC-HD

(I have not checked channel 1010-PBS HD, but past history of this issue shows that it goes out as well.)  When oh when is TWC going to expand it's bandwidth to stop these issues that happen almost every time new stations are added?   And it's always the stations above that are affected the most.  Especially with channels 1005 and 1012.  Whenever one of those stations goes out, the other follows.  A reboot of the box provides only a temporary fix, with the problem coming back within two days later,  Please note that other cable boxes that I had did the same thing.  We have had techs out who said that signal levels were fine.  Therefore, the problem is in our node.

If TWC does not expand it's system bandwidth for the summer planned HD channel additions, this could get worse.  If TWC was to drop most of channels 2-99, since they are on the digital tier anyway, maybe allowing only the mandatory public access stations, it would open up a ton of bandwidth and make the HD picture quality better on a consistent basis.  TWC, you need more bandwidth for consistent channel quality on your HD tier, BADLY!

Jack

Xizer

Summer planned additions?

Ooh, what channes is Time Warner planning on adding?