News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Any plumbers out there?

Started by Ralph Kramden, Monday Aug 26, 2013, 11:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Kramden

How difficult is it to replace a shallow well jet pump? We have a point well, and the pump sits on the basement floor. My regular plumber told me he cannot do it because it's too specialized. Another plumber came today and said it would cost $1,200(including pump) plus materials. Is he out of his mind? A 3/4 HP Flotec pump at Home Depot costs $226. I'm trying to find a plumber that can do this for me. Thanks.

budda

Price is really not that bad. I talked with a friend who owns his own plumbing out fit. He said if all you have to do is disconnect the pump and hook up the new one .that's too much. But most installs are not that simple. Also he is going to mark up the pump not sell it to you at cost. If he runs into trouble it could take 8 hours. witch is about 700 in labor alone. As well as a trip charge. I guess the key is. Is if the only problem the pump? If so you could buy the pump and I could put it in. lol If there are issues then it gets expensive. JMO

Ralph Kramden

Thanks budda. The only problem is the pump is leaking(very slowly). It appears to be from the seal. I think it's the original pump(Wagner) from when house was built, in 1975. And Wagner appears to be out of business. I don't want to repair an old pump like this. I'd rather replace it. I don't even know what kind of pump to buy. It's currently a 1/2 HP jet pump.

Budda, I sent you a PM.