News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

I am looking at new T.V's input Please.

Started by budda, Friday Mar 29, 2013, 07:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gparris

Quote from: budda;59283Have done a lot of reading. Tons of reviews. Panasonic and Samsung are the last two and I think I will go with the Samsung. Found a price of 2199.99 at BB for the PN64E7000FFXZ. Diff between the 8000 and 7000 is the motion sensor and one other thing I think I will never use maybe it was Skype. Things are getting blurry now lol. Just have to have a talk with the queen B. Then off to the store. On the web site this price only shows up in cart.. Maybe even gets cheaper on Sunday. ;). Thanks again for everybody's help. Peace out.

Please let us know what you finally buy, thanks.:wave:

budda

After my last post I went on line to order the TV I wanted. I did not realize this is the season that the models switch which explains the prices. I like to shop at Best Buy cuz they have a 45 day no questions asked return policy. This is great if you think you made a mistake or there's a problem. Well I go to order the set. out of stock. see the list.

Panasonic - 65" Class (64-3/4" Diag.) - Plasma - 1080p - 600Hz - Smart - 3D - HDTV
out of stock

Samsung - 60" Class (59-9/10" Diag.) - Plasma - 1080p - 600Hz - Smart - 3D - HDTV
out of stock

Samsung - 64" Class (64" Diag.) - Plasma - 1080p - 600Hz - Smart - 3D HDTV
out of stock

Samsung - 64" Class (64" Diag.) - Plasma - 1080p - 600Hz - Smart - 3D - HDTV
out of stock

Samsung - 60" Class (59-9/10" Diag.) - Plasma - 1080p - 600Hz - Smart - 3D HDTV
out of stock

Panasonic - 65" Class (64-3/4" Diag.) - Plasma - 1080p - 600Hz - Smart - 3D - HDTV
out of stock

Panasonic - VIERA - 60" Class (60-1/8" Diag.) - Plasma - 1080p - 600Hz - Smart - 3D - HDTV
out of stock

PS I have tried, Flanner's, American. Best buy and Crutchfield.

I am depressed! lol

Ralph Kramden

What about Amazon, Colders, Sears and Radtke Appliance?

gparris

Try h.h.gregg as that is where I have bought my most recent 60" Samsung plasma with good success!

brewtownska

Speaking of new model year, did anyone read the article about the new Panasonic ZT60, which is being called a potential Kuro Killer.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1467720/panasonic-zt60-is-a-potential-kuro-killer-plasma-not-dead-yet

Of course, no mention of price, so it may be way out of hand.
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

budda

ZT is supposed to be the best. For me the VT is barely what I am willing to spend. ZT is going to be crazy $! Plus production delay won't be out for a while. :(

budda

Found a 2012 model at Sear's. Had a PN60E8000 in stock. 1800.00 bought two extra pairs of 3D glasses for a total of 4. :) Free delivery. Should have it 04/17/2013.
 Will post impressions after I get it setup and tested. From my reading was one of two as the best TV's in 2012. Hoping!

budda

Well got the TV set it up. Picture is stunning. Has more features then I have been able to use just yet. In a few reviews it was stated that the picture was too dark. I found this to be the case as well be adjusted the settings worked just fine. In fact I used a guys calibration settings that were posted on line and it is out standing. Have not use IR blaster. Camera is ok. Motion control is really a gimmick to me. Cinema smooth feature is really nice as well makes the 24 FPS look great. As of now could not be happier. Also in reviews said for some people there was a buzz. I have none. :)

Ralph Kramden

It's about time you bought something. :rof: Using someone else's settings isn't exactly ideal. The TV needs to be calibrated for your room. I have the Spears and Munsil cal. disc and the HD test patterns from Avsforum if you ever want to use them. You just pop it in your Blu-ray player. If your set has multiple user memory settings, you can have one set for daylight viewing, and one for night viewing.

budda

To be honest I have a disc as well. Those settings gave me a starting point. Most calibrations in my option as bland. I like the picture to pop. Making it most natural is boring. I always tweak it to my liking. All I can say is when friends  or family come over and see my stuff I get a woooow! Room lighting, source and personal preference seem to be the biggest thing. This goes for sound as well. Going to watch my first 3D movie tonight. Judge Dread. Thanks again.:wave:

Ralph Kramden

You're welcome. I just thought I'd offer in case you didn't have one.