News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

3100HD screen scaling?

Started by GJC, Friday Jan 17, 2003, 05:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJC

Just got the 3100HD for TWC-DC and the first thing I noticed with my Mitsu 42" HD 16x9 is that all the non-HD programming comes out with bars on the sides (4x3 shape of course).  I have to switch the mode on my TV to Expand, which gets rid of the bars, but I lose some of the picture.  HD programming looks great with the Standard mode, though.  Are there any settings on the STB to tell it I have a widescreen TV?

JoeK

sp44again

QuoteOriginally posted by GJC
Just got the 3100HD for TWC-DC and the first thing I noticed with my Mitsu 42" HD 16x9 is that all the non-HD programming comes out with bars on the sides (4x3 shape of course).  I have to switch the mode on my TV to Expand, which gets rid of the bars, but I lose some of the picture.  HD programming looks great with the Standard mode, though.  Are there any settings on the STB to tell it I have a widescreen TV?

You are lucky you can even get rid of the bars cause I can't on my Mits. :(

GJC

OK, thanks, guess I'll have to make due until the 4100HD comes along.

It's funny watching HD programs tonight when the commercials come on.  Switches to 4:3.  Guess it makes sense, just never thought about it too much.

torgo

The problem with the black bars is that they are more likely to create some "burn-in" than the Grey bars that my Mits produces when I change it to standard mode. SO in other words, be cautious when viewing with the black bars. A couple of hours is fine, but don't do it consistently.