News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Directv receiver needed

Started by bklass, Sunday May 03, 2009, 09:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bklass

Does anyone have an older Hughes GCEBO receiver for sale.
Mine just died, and I have it routed into an RF converter/modulator to channel 14, so I can watch it on any TV in the house with the RF remote.
Needless to say DIRECTV doesn't have a receiver anymore that can be used this way.

I have 2 HR20's and 2 H20's but I cant split the signal to multiple TV's.

budda

Are you just looking to save money, or just have to have THAT receiver? Or you just like what you had, cause Direct TV has alot of old receivers that you can use and do what you want, RCA and Samsung as well as huges, saw some on Ebay for around 19.00. about 75.00 for a HD box, as long as the box has a video out weather it is RCA jacks or coax s-video, your modulater should work just fine. Peace:D

murdoc

I've got an old RCA model DRD435RH laying around.  It has coax, RCA, and S-video out, along with Digital Audio via the optical port on the back.  Has the remote and power cable, but nothing else.  If you can use this let me know.

bklass

This receiver has the RF remote capability built in, so I can use the existing remotes I have.  DirecTV is telling me that they have no receivers that can be multiplexed/split to multiple TV's with a RF remote.

bklass

I called  Brian Bienfang at Sound Investments in Milwaukee
to see if he had any old receivers.  He told me over the phone how to hook up one of the extra HD boxes (H20) that I had.  I went home and tried it and it worked fine.  I also hooked up an HR20 DVR that I am using in the family room to my other splitter and it worked just fine.  I can now watch whatever is recorded on that DVR on any TV in the house.
All this after Directv tells me over and over that this can't be done.
Thanks Brian, you guys rock!

http://www.soundinvestmentsltd.com