News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Shop At Home TV leaving WJJA Channel 49

Started by PaulKTF, Sunday Feb 03, 2008, 02:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKTF

Quote from: John L;45985I haven't seen the DTV in a while. I'll have to check it out when I get home. Maybe they finally moved the DTV to the Milwaukee Antenna farm, which should be a big improvement.

Is this the analog channel, or the DTV or both?

-John L.

Analog (and hence TWC's carriage of it). Not sure about digital.
-Paul

LoadStar

Quote from: John L;45985I haven't seen the DTV in a while. I'll have to check it out when I get home. Maybe they finally moved the DTV to the Milwaukee Antenna farm, which should be a big improvement.

Is this the analog channel, or the DTV or both?

-John L.

I don't have a digital tuner myself, so I don't know for certain. The colorbars identify as "WJJA-TV/DT" however.

techguy1975

Just flipped on ch.19 on TWC, and MeTV is up and running!

PaulKTF

I'm on TWC analog and Channel 19 has always had bad picture quality (going to black and white and the image is a bit fuzzy off and on). This is still happening with the switch to ME-TV and happened when it was the shopping network too.

Anyone else with TWC analog experiencing this?

Update- Hmmm it seems to be a lot better today then it was yesterday... I thought it might have bee a problem with TWC but I guess it was with WJJA.
-Paul

LoadStar

Quote from: PaulKTF;46011I'm on TWC analog and Channel 19 has always had bad picture quality (going to black and white and the image is a bit fuzzy off and on). This is still happening with the switch to ME-TV and happened when it was the shopping network too.

Anyone else with TWC analog experiencing this?

I have noticed lower video quality on 19, yeah. Can't say I watched it long enough to notice a whole lot past that point... watching a piece of jewelry or a hunk of rock spin forward... back... forward... back... forward... back... isn't my idea of "must see TV."

I have a feeling it's because all TWC does to receive this channel is prop a pair of rabbit ears up, and the signal isn't quite strong enough to be received well. I don't know if they're broadcasting from the WDJT antennas yet... if they aren't, I'd hope that would result in a signal improvement.

Can anyone from WDJT engineering comment?

PaulKTF

Quote from: LoadStar;46014I have noticed lower video quality on 19, yeah. Can't say I watched it long enough to notice a whole lot past that point... watching a piece of jewelry or a hunk of rock spin forward... back... forward... back... forward... back... isn't my idea of "must see TV."

I have a feeling it's because all TWC does to receive this channel is prop a pair of rabbit ears up, and the signal isn't quite strong enough to be received well. I don't know if they're broadcasting from the WDJT antennas yet... if they aren't, I'd hope that would result in a signal improvement.

Every once in awhille WJJA would show something intersting like public domain cartoons or "Make Room For Daddy" (No idea why, but they did). ME-TV is about a thousand times better, of course. :)
-Paul

John L

Quote from: LoadStar;46014I have noticed lower video quality on 19, yeah. Can't say I watched it long enough to notice a whole lot past that point... watching a piece of jewelry or a hunk of rock spin forward... back... forward... back... forward... back... isn't my idea of "must see TV."

The signal on TWC ch. 19 is a re-broadcast from the analog transmitter which is STILL and will STAY on Oakwood Rd. The DTV, I assume will be moved and side-mounted on the WDJT-TV tower. One should expect an improvement from the DTV. They're not gonna waste their time and money to move the analog transmitter since they will be shutting that down permanently in 10 months.

I wouldn't be surprised that the DTV is receiving its signal directly from the analog. I am sure they will change it while they also move the DTV. By then we should see a improved video quality as well as reception.

-John L.:)

John L

The new calls to be assigned to WJJA-TV, will be WBME-TV effective real soon.

-John L.