News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Cbs 58

Started by Chinatown, Wednesday Mar 12, 2008, 03:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinatown

I was checking some old posts as to Multicasts, relative to the NCAA Basketball tournament. It appears, per the old posts, that if you have OTA, that those sub channels will be added sometime prior to the 1st games.
Is this true?

Yes, I know the quality is crummy, but still it would be nice to see the extra games.

Thanking you in advance.

Jack 1000

If you have TWC they will often add sub channels JUST for the NCAA playoffs for the duration of the games.  They are usually in the 500 range, so check that out when the playoffs start. (I think it was 580-584, not sure.)  Last year as I recall they did not specify what teams were playing so you had to go to the channel to watch.  Than about 3 days into the tournament there was a schedule of games on the TWC Wisconsin site.

New Channel OTA 58.3 will preempt its programing for the games.  I don't know if this is true for the cable equivalent channel ME TV on TWC 201.

Any updates or corrections would be appreciated.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

bubbaridesfast

As regards OTA, I believe that there are always signals on 58-3, 58-4 and 58-5, it's just that it is the same signal (only weaker) than on 58-1. Then when the games start, the game signals are broadcast on those sub-channels.