News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Comments on New Station Antenna TV

Started by Jack 1000, Saturday Jan 01, 2011, 12:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

It's on channel 6.2 OTA and on channel 986 on TWC.  (The duplicate feed of 991 from the old Retro-TV will soon be phased out.)  They are doing a 3 Stooges Marathon today, and a Benny Hill Marathon tomorrow.

Regular programing starts on January 3, 2011.  But they HAVE to do something about that station logo!  It is too huge!  It needs to be reduced at least two sizes smaller.  Antenna TV said they would not have their own corporate logo, but Channel 6.2 really needs a smaller logo for this station.  

It would even be better not to have the logo at all, but I don't think they will do that.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

ArgMeMatey

Quote from: Jack 1000;56819Channel 6 really needs a smaller logo for this station.  

It would even be better not to have the logo at all, but I don't think they will do that.

I was hoping the monster bug was a promo thing.  Isn't that "6" is the same style they used in the 60s or 70s?

Jack 1000

Quote from: ArgMeMatey;56820I was hoping the monster bug was a promo thing.  Isn't that "6" is the same style they used in the 60s or 70s?

I can't remember, but it is awful!  And normally, I am not a complainer, but I think this is a cause for complaint.  It is like taking up the whole right side of the screen!  I honestly can't recall a logo that big.  NOT A GOOD THING!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

LoadStar

Quote from: ArgMeMatey;56820I was hoping the monster bug was a promo thing.  Isn't that "6" is the same style they used in the 60s or 70s?

Yeah, all the way up until they flipped from CBS to FOX. When they were CBS, they had the CBS eyemark in the center of the 6.

ETA: The whole "TV 6" was their logo, not just the 6 part of it. I think they still had that logo up on their building for the longest time... haven't been up there recently, do they still have it up on the side of the building?

WITI6fan

The circular 6 logo was used from the mid to late 70's (It appears on the first "Live Camera 6" van in this promo with a date of 1975) all the way up until 1995 when they became FOX6 (even though they got the affiliation a year earlier).

The bug could probably stand to be made just a bit smaller, and more opaque. Losing the color as it is would be a major improvement.

Xizer

I think it sucks balls.

Why are a bunch of posters on a site called MilwaukeeHDTV getting all excited about some crappy new SD subchannel anyway?

LoadStar

Quote from: Xizer;56826I think it sucks balls.

Why are a bunch of posters on a site called MilwaukeeHDTV getting all excited about some crappy new SD subchannel anyway?

Thanks for threadcrapping with your usual style. If you don't care, you're welcome to read the other threads on the forum.

Xizer

Tom Snyder

QuoteWhy are a bunch of posters on a site called MilwaukeeHDTV getting all excited about some crappy new SD subchannel anyway?

1.) Because we do support and encoruage chit chat about Milwaukee TV in general. Take a look at the forum categories.

2.) Because subchannels typically negatively impact the quality of the HD picture on the main channel, so we allow discussion about whether the stuff that's going on those sub channels is worth the tradeoff.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Nels Harvey

11:00 A.M. Sunday, and I don't see it at all!  Do you think this thread had anything to do with it?
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

Bebop

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

wysiwyg

In the press release announcing that 6.2 would switch to AntennaTV, they made a big deal about the logo, so I doubt it's changing anytime soon.

http://hartford.fox6now.com/content/witi-tv-62-announces-launch-new-network-antenna-tv

mrschimpf

Quote from: Nels Harvey;5683211:00 A.M. Sunday, and I don't see it at all!  Do you think this thread had anything to do with it?

Actually it's been fading in and out as they finesse the automation with that of the main Antenna schedule it looks like. In the first few days it kept appearing in ads and the TOTH station ID would appear at ten minutes in.

The problem is that the old RTV 6.2 bug was controlled directly from Knoxville, where RTV was based, so WITI had no control of it at all (and they never got to correct with them that the -TV didn't belong in the TOTH ID). Here it has to come either in-house or wherever Local TV gets their Antenna uplink to distribute across their stations from Tribune.

jeffski

love antenna tv just for the Stooges alone:rock::rofl::rofl: