News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Questions About New Horror Movie Series on CW-18 (Milwaukee)

Started by Jack 1000, Thursday Feb 12, 2009, 04:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Help me out here,

I just started watching CW-18's horror movies, which air Saturday night/Sunday Morning at 12 midnight.  It looks great!  I don't know how long they have been doing this, but it is the kind of film content that The Chiller Channel should be airing!  This week it was, "The House That Dripped Blood."  What I need to know is the exact name of the series:

It starts out with a parental advisory disclaimer, than you get this cool message that says something like "Don't watch if you are easily offended" in a low deep voice (or something like that.)  Than there is this scene with this fire pit and a talking skull, who sounds like Freddy Krueger!  He's like, "If you are offended, hehehehe, go watch Nickelodeon!" He makes funny comments about the movie during commercial breaks.  It must be very recent, because he talked about the recession and goes, "Here in hell, suffering is a good thing!!! hehehehehe."  It reminds me a lot of the old classic Elvira Movie Macabre shows!

I hope this series lasts!  It is original, fresh, non-PC, and creative.  I hope it expands to more markets so that everyone can see this.  I wanted to tell the Chiller Channel Community's Message Board about this series.  I mean the movies are no Citizen Kane or anything like that.  But I have been waiting for the return of classic late night horror films ever since Movie Macabre left the air about 20 years ago.  I really hope that CW keeps this series going!  The name is something like, Dead Night Theater (I think,) but need clarification.

Horror movie fans.  Check this out!

Jack

PS.  If you Tivo or DVR the movies, add about 10 minutes of program time to them, because the "host" talks for about 5 minutes before the movie begins.
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

AndrewP

Jack 1000

Quote from: AndrewP;50725Is it in HD?
I guess not, so I'll pass on it.

Well, channel 518 is WVTV (CW-HD) who would be showing the series.  But that's all I know about it.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Dick Nitelinger

Quote from: Jack 1000;50718Help me out here,

I just started watching CW-18's horror movies, which air Saturday night/Sunday Morning at 12 midnight.  It looks great!  I don't know how long they have been doing this, but it is the kind of film content that The Chiller Channel should be airing!  This week it was, "The House That Dripped Blood."  What I need to know is the exact name of the series:

It starts out with a parental advisory disclaimer, than you get this cool message that says something like "Don't watch if you are easily offended" in a low deep voice (or something like that.)  Than there is this scene with this fire pit and a talking skull, who sounds like Freddy Krueger!  He's like, "If you are offended, hehehehe, go watch Nickelodeon!" He makes funny comments about the movie during commercial breaks.  It must be very recent, because he talked about the recession and goes, "Here in hell, suffering is a good thing!!! hehehehehe."  It reminds me a lot of the old classic Elvira Movie Macabre shows!

I hope this series lasts!  It is original, fresh, non-PC, and creative.  I hope it expands to more markets so that everyone can see this.  I wanted to tell the Chiller Channel Community's Message Board about this series.  I mean the movies are no Citizen Kane or anything like that.  But I have been waiting for the return of classic late night horror films ever since Movie Macabre left the air about 20 years ago.  I really hope that CW keeps this series going!  The name is something like, Dead Night Theater (I think,) but need clarification.

Horror movie fans.  Check this out!

Jack

PS.  If you Tivo or DVR the movies, add about 10 minutes of program time to them, because the "host" talks for about 5 minutes before the movie begins.

The show is called "Dead of Night Theater," and it has morphed quite a bit since it first started back in October. Details are on my website:

http://www.milwaukee-horror-hosts.com

- Dick :OnAir:

John L

Quote from: AndrewP;50725Is it in HD?
I guess not, so I'll pass on it.

Good Question!  I doubt they spent any money on HD video broadcast equipment yet to run their movies in HD.  I would think if Sinclair spent some extra money on that they would see an increase in ratings of people watching more of their shows if they aired those movies in HD.  Those increase in ratings should help pay the cost of the new HD equipment with no problems.

I notice that CW18 airs a lot of old old movies in the wee hours of the mornings like from the 1920s and 1930s.  Those not likely to be in HD, but some films in the 50s and 60s could be aired in HD if they were filmed in Cinemascope.  I've seen ABC-TV air Julie Andrews 1965 "Sound in Music" in wide screen using HD on WISN-DT 12-1.

-John L.

{fart}

John L

Quote from: Dick Nitelinger;50738The show is called "Dead of Night Theater," and it has morphed quite a bit since it first started back in October. Details are on my website:

http://www.milwaukee-horror-hosts.com

Considering the fact I operate and program Muskego's Public Access Station on ch. 14 covering all 36 square miles of Muskego on Time Warner Cable. I air Dale Wumboldt's program "Dr. Destruction Crimson Theater" on Saturday nights at 10:00pm.   I seem to recall last May that you were a guest on one of his shows.

-John L.

Dick Nitelinger

Quote from: John L;50784Considering the fact I operate and program Muskego's Public Access Station on ch. 14 covering all 36 square miles of Muskego on Time Warner Cable. I air Dale Womboldt's program "Dr. Destruction Crimson Theater" on Saturday nights at 10:00pm.   I seem to recall last May that you were a guest on one of his shows.

-John L.

In Dale's first nine months (2002), I was his guest a few times. He just asked me today if I'd like to come down and do the show again. We'll have to schedule something.

Incidentally, there's a Milwaukee native doing a horror hosts show in Madison and on Charter Cable systems in SE Wisconsin. He's known as "Dr. Ivan Cryptosis." Email me if interested, and I'll pass along his contact info. I have an article coming out on him next month. MATA here may begin airing his shows as well.

- Dick

Dick Nitelinger

Quote from: John L;50784Considering the fact I operate and program Muskego's Public Access Station on ch. 14 covering all 36 square miles of Muskego on Time Warner Cable. I air Dale Wumboldt's program "Dr. Destruction Crimson Theater" on Saturday nights at 10:00pm.   I seem to recall last May that you were a guest on one of his shows.

-John L.

I was also the burglar in the third episode of "Dead of Night Theater." The person at the station who was to have played the part called in sick that day, so they asked me to do it.