News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

What New TWC Channels For October and Beyond?

Started by Jack 1000, Monday Sep 29, 2008, 04:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Does anyone know the time-line for any new channels scheduled to be added by TWC as of October and beyond?  What is the name/status of the channel that is scheduled to show MGM films beginning in October?  Channel location for this station on cable, dish, and OTA?

Also, what will happen to TWC channel 201, which is now a duplicate of ME TV on cable channel 19?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

WITI6fan

Quote from: Jack 1000;48414Does anyone know the time-line for any new channels scheduled to be added by TWC as of October and beyond?  What is the name/status of the channel that is scheduled to show MGM films beginning in October?  Channel location for this station on cable, dish, and OTA?

I assume you're talking about "ThisTV", which is slated to start broadcasting on Wednesday on 58-3, where MeTV is now. No word on cable stations yet.

Many hope that "ThisTV" will be moved to 19-2, as that would make the most sense (MeTV isn't HD, so it's not using it's whole digital signal, plus then a station would be taken off of WDJT's already crowded DT signal)

Jack 1000

UPDATE:

Channel 201 on TWC's Digital Tier will become THIS TV on November 1st, featuring movies and programs from the MGM library.

ME TV has been moved to TWC Standard Service Channel 19.

No word on program schedules or website info for THIS TV, yet.

Jack

gparris

When I first read the thread title, I thought you meant new HD CHANNELS for November, it being Saturday and all, but you meant any TWC channels, with emphasis on SD it would seem.:(

As for me, TWC added 14 HD channels, including Big Ten Network...a good thing, but what now?

But what about the future of HD channel additions for TWC Milwaukee?

What comes next?

How about BIOHD, TravelChannelHD, FXHD or finally, some more HD movie channels (outside of HBOHD and ShowtimeHD) some of us pay so much for anyway? :confused:

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;48954UPDATE:

Channel 201 on TWC's Digital Tier will become THIS TV on November 1st, featuring movies and programs from the MGM library.

ME TV has been moved to TWC Standard Service Channel 19.

No word on program schedules or website info for THIS TV, yet.

Jack

Here is more info about the channel:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6608561.html

Jack

gparris

Any more new channels, including HD channels, are listed in the new pricing booklet being mailed to subscribers for 2009.
Point is, the ones listed are already available to NE and SE Wisconsin already!

Additionally, the HD package will soon be missing one of the 4 (originally five) HD channels in it around Thanksgiving, the MOJOHD channel.
While the need for more HD channels is probably why it originated (before the many analogue-channels went HD).
I don't think anyone would want to pay $6.95 for less than 4 HD channels.

So... what will be is its replacement, TWC?:huh?:

Jack 1000

Quote from: gparris;48973Any more new channels, including HD channels, are listed in the new pricing booklet being mailed to subscribers for 2009.
Point is, the ones listed are already available to NE and SE Wisconsin already!

Additionally, the HD package will soon be missing one of the 4 (originally five) HD channels in it around Thanksgiving, the MOJOHD channel.
While the need for more HD channels is probably why it originated (before the many analogue-channels went HD).
I don't think anyone would want to pay $6.95 for less than 4 HD channels.

So... what will be is its replacement, TWC?:huh?:

The RUMOR based on several markets is that MOJO HD will be replaced with MGM Movies HD.  (I am not sure if this is the same as the new This TV Channel, which replaces the duplicate ME-TV entry on TWC digital station 201 tomorrow.)  This TV will show MGM movies and a selection of programing classics from the MGM library.

As stated above TWC ME-TV is now on analog cable channel 19.

Jack

gparris

MGMHD, along with many others in my signature are already available in Albany, NY TWC, so maybe it will be a good fit for the HD package, quite like the $4.99 upgrade HD package Directv offers, less the Smithsonian HD channel, but at $6.95 nonetheless.:D

Jack 1000

Quote from: gparris;48976MGMHD, along with many others in my signature are already available in Albany, NY TWC, so maybe it will be a good fit for the HD package, quite like the $4.99 upgrade HD package Directv offers, less the Smithsonian HD channel, but at $6.95 nonetheless.:D

I have also heard another rumor that Mojo TV HD may be added to one of the HD On Demand Channels.  TWC could do that, change the programing every 1-2 weeks or so.  More economical than paying $6.95 for those added 4 HD channels.  I agree that added cost is ridiculous!

Jack

LoadStar

Quote from: Jack 1000;48981I have also heard another rumor that Mojo TV HD may be added to one of the HD On Demand Channels.  TWC could do that, change the programing every 1-2 weeks or so.  More economical than paying $6.95 for those added 4 HD channels.  I agree that added cost is ridiculous!

Jack

MOJO is dead. InDemand Networks canned it.

gparris

There is a notice on our local TWC site about MOJOHD ending, but still no mention of a replacement HD channel, such as MGMHD, as some have suggested, but it is a good possiblilty.

On the TWC-NYC site, the Sci-FiHD and USAHD channels are assigned, pending negotiations.:)

Onanboy

I think that MGMHD is now on 1844.  Can't view it but doesn't TWC test out channels in the 1800 range before deploying them?

Since it is the replacement for MOJO does that mean it won't be part of their "free" HD channel lineup that they brag about?

Jack 1000

Quote from: Onanboy;49188I think that MGMHD is now on 1844.  Can't view it but doesn't TWC test out channels in the 1800 range before deploying them?

Since it is the replacement for MOJO does that mean it won't be part of their "free" HD channel lineup that they brag about?

I believe that the 1800 channel numbers are their SDV test ranges for new channels.  You will see them doing Find Show searches in the guide, but usually not in the guide before they are ready for activation.

TWC should really have a prototype system for SDV and other new "test" channels.  People who don't know what these channels are about may be tuning to an 1800 channel and it's not coming in because it's not ready yet.  Than they are calling TWC, because they don't understand that the 1800 ranges are test channels.

As you guys know, you should be recording those channels for best results that appear in the grid.  Does anyone have channels in the IPG grid that are NOT coming in?

Can't say for sure, but I would guess MGMHD would be included with all HD boxes and HD sets as a regular channel.

Jack

Onanboy

Thanks for the reply Jack.

I hope you're right about it being a "free" HD channel.   Wouldn't mind seeing "A Bridge Too Far" in HD.