News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

CBS58 vs. DirectTV

Started by madsdad, Tuesday Oct 16, 2007, 08:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brewguru

I also find it interesting that Jim Hall posts here, but will not respond in this topic.

Bebop

What's the point for them to post the same answer if 58's stance has not changed?

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

brewguru

Quote from: Bebop;45332What's the point for them to post the same answer if 58's stance has not changed?

The thing is that NO ONE knows 58's stance since they won't comment.

Bebop

Quote from: brewguru;45347The thing is that NO ONE knows 58's stance since they won't comment.

58 give an answer a long time ago.  I see that you joined in late 07, maybe that's why. :) Someone with memory better than me can probably recalled the detail. Otherwise, do a search you'll probably find it.

Basically 58 wanted money and DirecTV will not pay.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Cheesehead Dave

Here's the response I got:

QuoteDirecTV does not have an agreement in place with us that would allow them to carry our HD signal. Negotiations with them have been ongoing, and we hope for a resolution in the coming year.
Anyone living within our Grades A or B coverage areas (Southeastern Wisconsin) should be able to receive our over-the-air High Def signal, and are therefore not eligible for a waiver.
Please let us know if you require any technical assistance with achieving a quality over-the-air picture.
Thank you for your correspondence.

Christine Grotelueschen
Office Manager
WDJT / WMLW / WYTU

brewguru

So a secretary at Channel 58 responded to you.

That's my point. Why can't Jim Hall respond to anyone? Also, this was well over a year ago, what's the update? Why does Channel 58 want more money than the other local channels received?

vegasvic

Maybe they are demanding that DTV includes the new "ME-TV".  I mean who doesn't want more Petticoat Junction, Mork & Mindy and Bewitched? :rolleyes: