News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Hey Sinclair! "That TV Website" is just awful!

Started by PaulKTF, Sunday Jan 28, 2007, 06:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKTF

http://thattvwebsite.com/

I'm sorry; I understand Sinclair is trying to incorperate both WCGV/MyNet and WVTV/CW into the same site; but it looks really bad.

The blue and green colors clash badly; the branding of all the WCGV shows witH the prefex of "My" is tacky ("My Simpsons", etc) and lame (allthough that seems to have disapeared from the site's main page now that I check again...), and the whole layout of the website just looks plain bad.

Plus; the title is lame- I don't care that they're playing off "That 70's Show" just because one of those two stations syndicates it. It's too cutesy.

I wish they had two seperate websites- one for each station like they did when WCGV was UPN and WVTV was The WB. Granted; the WVTV one was pretty awful and plain then too ; but at least it wasn't this much of an eyesore!

You'd think that Fox and Warner Bros/CBS. would request that their affiliates not lump them in with one another on the same site; since The CW and MyNet often put up good shows head-to-head with one another. I know that kind of choice is good for Sinclair; but bad for the owners of the networks they're syndicating. Sinclair is happy because they don't care which one of their two local stations viewers watch as long as it's one or the other.

My only hope is that MyNet crumbles into a pilar of dust sometime this year and that solves the problem (yes I know that's not likely to happen -maybe next year?).

I will say that I do like WCGV and WVTV's fare of localy syndicated stuff- WCGV in particular. Now if only it didn't have the MyNet crapola eating into their local time. :)
-Paul