News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New Channels YEA!!!!!

Started by Malamute, Monday Nov 17, 2003, 07:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malamute

Some new channels are up now on Galaxy 11  they are:

Fox Sports Net Alternate 1
Fox Sports Net Alternate 2
Fox Sports Net Alternate 3

they are on the same Transponder as the FX east & west

Also their are some NEW local channels up too!

But Now for the bad News? yes bad news, two new channels:

Prison TV Network and

Lawyers TV ?????:confused: guess what I say:guns:

Malamute

Malamute

More channels are UP !!!:)

First is America One TV it's a cross between RFD TV and Outdoor Channel and OLN

Located on Telstar 7 129.oW

Todd!!!  I did find some channels ITC and you'll can belive it but it's true:D

They are ::  
The Biography Channel
History Channel International
IFC
Fuse
Tech TV
DIY Do It Yourself Network
CNBC World

Also on Telstar 7 too:eek:  I don't know how long they will stay like this so I'm watching them alot right now or untill they go encrpyted again.  But that is what is so much fun about the FTA system.

Todd, we do need to keep this thread about new channels going and I will post them here when I find new ones.

Malamute

Todd Wiedemann

Outstanding !! Thanks for the report, 'Mute !!

My FTA system is a 'gift' for some services ... I'm still waiting for my friend to get it ordered ...

QuoteTodd, we do need to keep this thread about new channels going and I will post them here when I find new ones.

No worries ... this thread, as well as this area, is safe.

That is unless Tom decides to become a ruthless and evil webmaster ... ;) ;) :D

Todd Wiedemann

Hey, didja check T7, 4060V, tp18 ?? The Soundtrack channel ??

How is that ?

Malamute

Todd  the soundtrack channel is a cross between  VH1 and MTV2 they show more video's and music shows.  Nice change from MTV or what MTV used to BE!

Also a channel update:  Most of the Fox Sports Net channels went encrypted today on Galaxy 11,  but they should be back up soon hopefully.

Malamute

Todd Wiedemann

'Mute -

Are you getting NBA TV on G11, 3960 tp13 ???

That would be way cool ...

Malamute

Toad::D

No I'm not able to get NBA TV, its not DVB, its Digicipher2 run by Motorola Broadband (formaly G. I. ) or know as 4DTV for the big dish C-Band.

DVB & Digicipher 2 are almost alike but different like apples and oranges.  It is the way they put it into digital format that caueses the problem.

I wish it did work, if it did I watch it too!

Malamute

Todd Wiedemann

Hey, Malamute ...

First of all, thanks for the continued answering of my lame-o questions.

So, the NBC E,C,M,P channels on AMC4 ... are they commercial free ??

Kevin Arnold

Those would be the network feeds for the time zones.  All network commercials would be in there but the spots for the local inserts would be blank.  You can watch the evening news 3 times from 5 to 7.
Kevin Arnold

Malamute

Todd  Kevin is right.  The Network Commercials are their and some time blanks for local inserts.

I thing a can say about DVB & 4DTV (DC2) is that New HD system VOOM, they use Digicipher 2 and not DVB MPEG2 just to let every one know.

So Todd, when is your system coming?  You might want to wait till spring to put it up. just a bit cold outside!

Malamute

Todd Wiedemann

Malamute -

Do you have 4DTV as well ?? Which LNB did you purchase that you attached to your old PrimeStar dish ??

QuoteSo Todd, when is your system coming? You might want to wait till spring to put it up. just a bit cold outside!
[/SIZE] Well, the system is a 'gift' from a friend I did some work for ... he hasn't ordered it yet, busy guy. :(

When we moved into this house, Dec. 2000, my wife and I thought it would be no big deal to install D* (we're addicted). So, I asked my Dad to come over and help. We installed it 12/22, starting after work (about 5:30pm). That happened to be the coldest day of the year. We did it though, frozen fingers and all.

Needless to say, when I get that FTA system, weather be dammed, it's going up !! :rock:

Gregg Lengling

Todd, we have an old rule in Amateur Radio regarding antennas.  If you don't put it up on the coldest and worst weather day of the year..it'll never work right.  So pick the worst day and go for it....then it works great.
:bang:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Malamute

WEATHER BE DAMMED, IT'S GOING UP! The words of a ture addict.
So people say I drink too much. They say I need AA, my come back is " AA?, oh you mean double AA batteries I use them in my remotes!":drink:

Todd, you said that you ordered your system but haven't heard if you got it yet and put it up, just woundering about it cause you haven't posted any question on how to aim the dish, programing the rec. and so on?

I think you and Gregg are right. Always pick the worst day to put it up and it will work the best.

No, I don't have 4DTV, in my earlyer post I talk about it, 4DTV is that "sync system" which you need a special receiver in order to receive it & decode it.  The LNBF has nothing to do with it, its the signal itself & the way its coded:bang:

Primestar  used this system  Digicipher 1
Direct TV first used MPEG 1.5 now they are full MPEG 2
  MPEG 1.5 was a bastardize version of MPEG 2
DishNetwork uses MPEG 2 ( they waited for it)

You might try a 4DTV receiver but they are not cheap or you might find a 905 sidecar (4DTV) you can try looping into your system.  Canada's STAR CHOICE and the new VOOM systems are both Digicipher 2 systems so you can't pick them up with out buying their receivers and Dishes.

The 4DTV receivers can do both C/Ku band and the 905 Sidecar is for Ku-band only and was made for people who didn't want to buy a new satellite receiver for their C-Band syatem.  The sidecar was made to be looped into the system.  The feedhorn on the dish can have up to 2 C-band LNB & 2 Ku-Band LNB on it.  My aunt & uncle still have just a C-band system, they've had it since 87' and still have today.

I have thought about buying a sidecar and trying it out but haven't done it yet.

Let us know when it comes, I'll wait buy the computer for all those question?

Malamute

Todd Wiedemann

QuoteWEATHER BE DAMMED, IT'S GOING UP! The words of a ture addict. So people say I drink too much. They say I need AA, my come back is " AA?, oh you mean double AA batteries I use them in my remotes!"
[/SIZE] Exactly ! My favorite is "Rehab is for quitters !!" ;)
QuoteTodd, you said that you ordered your system but haven't heard if you got it yet and put it up, just woundering about it cause you haven't posted any question on how to aim the dish, programing the rec. and so on?
[/SIZE] Yeah ... it's a gift from someone I helped out ... he's really busy and has yet to order it. It's killing me ! I will be asking questions, I'm sure !

Can't wait to get going, thanks for the info on 4DTV.

Malamute

Todd,
    All the channels that were ITC on Telstar 7 129.oW are now back encrypted again.  I did enjoyed them while they were ITC.  

They were ::
The Biography Channel
History Channel International
IFC
Fuse
Tech TV
DIY
CNBC World

Malamute