News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Jeff Kiernan leaving Channel 4

Started by rockmanac, Tuesday Sep 16, 2003, 08:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockmanac

Jeff Kiernan, the news director over at a TMJ 4 is leaving according to Cupursin's column this morning.  

He's a good guy and I wish him all the luck in Minneapolis!  I've had a chance to work with him on Thursdays for the past 3 years when he came in to critique the newscast on MUTV (Marquette's campus tv station).

AC

Tom Snyder

That's always the challenge of being in a market this size...  despite the longevity of some of our news people (anchors and weather people mostly), the surrounding cast members (news directors and reporters) are in constant flux... the good ones are always moving up to larger markets.

Of coruse even with that, it's only half as bad as Milwaukee radio,  where, in addition to the have a ton of jocks and PD's getting axed in larger markets and making stops here on their way down to Des Moines and Dubuque. ;)
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Dick Nitelinger

One of the books on Milwaukee TV, which I found very informative was:

Olszyk, Arthur L., LIVE... AT THE SCENE. Self-published, 1993.

Art was the news director at WTMJ-TV for many, many years. He taught at Marquette University after he left the station. It's available in the Milwaukee Public Library - and I suspect in Marquette's as well. Art passed away a few years ago. I would love to know where to get my own copy.

The book covers the beginnings of WTMJ-TV through his retirement from the station in 1980. He has lots of commentary re: what both WTMJ-TV and the other stations were doing right and wrong (in his opinion).

There was a news director with some tenure!

- Dick

http://www.milwaukee-horror-hosts.com

:wave: