News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

NewsCentral18 - Get With The Program!

Started by John L, Saturday Sep 13, 2003, 09:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

I've been watching NewsCentral 18 whenever I have a chance and I can point out discrepancies in their reporting.

1. Last week the Brewers lost a game and they posted as having them Won even thou they said they lost.

2. Lisa Fielding started out reporting on the Brewers today, "The Brewers are out to break a 7-game losing streak."  Say What???
The Brewers won on Thursday against Houston 5-3 breaking a 6 game losing streak. they lost on Friday but won today.

There have been other discrepancies at times but don't remember them. I am gonna have to start taking notes.  But please Ch. 18 get with the Program.  You guys keep reporting in this matter you deserve very low ratings and drive viewers away.

I am sure if any of you watch NewsCentral 18 you might find what I am talking about.

-John L.

midwesterntv

I would have to agree with John, they have had some pretty odd mistakes, especially in the control room.

They have sometimes not aired the video open to the newscast, skipped over The Point, not finished stories in the ticker, and have had several spelling errors.

Also, putting up the wrong lower-third graphic.

Pretty basic things, that sometimes all stations might have done on accident.

At least we dont have to worry about Lisa looking into the wrong camera for an entire story... Then they switch, and she looks at the other one... :D