News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Storm team 4 to the Rescue!

Started by Stanley Kritzik, Saturday Dec 04, 2010, 08:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stanley Kritzik

So, here we are -- 1 to 2 inches of snow, and CH 4 pre-empts the Saturday Today show.  What sort of wimps are we, or do they think we are?  I didn't check long enough to watch the crawl, but I'm sure lots of events were/will be cancelled, too.

Just one correction: CH4 referred to what we got as "light fluffy stuff".  No way; with the temp. around 33 or 34, it's good packing snow.  I expect to see snowmen arising on front lawns, unless people are too spooked by our Storm Team guys to go outside.

Have courage and brave the elements!

Stan

REVM1M

that is CH 4 for you . Always breaking news, always making a big deal about 1 or 2 inches of snow. Just wait until we get 6 or 7 inches, It will be storm team 4,  24 hours news.

ArgMeMatey

Despite the ever-present threat, somehow we managed to get a snowman built.  At great personal risk, my wife even DROVE to the shopping center without incident.  My son went sledding with the neighbors, although I had to sign a five-page liability waiver so they would take him along.  

Thankfully with StormTeam 4's help, we have so far avoided death or serious injury.  But, that could come with the next storm.  

I am thinking insurance companies should give discounts to people who watch Storm Team 4.  

If you don't hear from me in the meantime, it's safe to assume that I succumbed to the forces of nature because I failed to watch Storm Team 4 Breaking News Severe Winter Storm Weather Coverage.

Jack 1000

Quote from: ArgMeMatey;56696Despite the ever-present threat, somehow we managed to get a snowman built.  At great personal risk, my wife even DROVE to the shopping center without incident.  My son went sledding with the neighbors, although I had to sign a five-page liability waiver so they would take him along.  

Thankfully with StormTeam 4's help, we have so far avoided death or serious injury.  But, that could come with the next storm.  

I am thinking insurance companies should give discounts to people who watch Storm Team 4.  

If you don't hear from me in the meantime, it's safe to assume that I succumbed to the forces of nature because I failed to watch Storm Team 4 Breaking News Severe Winter Storm Weather Coverage.

Very funny post!!!!!  Classic assessment of Storm 4!!!!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

mrschimpf

Another dopey thing they did; they had a chance today to appease the "Days of Our Lives" fans because that show was pre-empted by the Obama press conference at 1pm. Literally only the master control operator is the only person in the entire Milwaukee market who cares about anything on "Better" at 2pm. Nobody watches and they could build a bit of goodwill by pre-empting that shillfest and making the viewers happy.

Of course they didn't. Right at 2:03; 'we join 'Better' already in progress', like anyone cared. Same in Green Bay, where they had WGBA join a critical rerun on "America's Funniest Videos" in progress, while soap fans could enjoy setting their recorders for 1:37am or remember where in the heck SoapNet was to watch it later (which will no longer be an option at the start of 2012) :rolleyes:.

Simple solution; "Days of Our Lives" should've aired an hour later. Or been pushed to 4.2. But we can't make our viewers happy, can we? This from an operation that has no idea how to air "The Unit" in full HD on Saturday nights or does it in Stretch-o-Vision.