News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

The Mother of All PVR.

Started by Bebop, Friday Feb 11, 2005, 12:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebop

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Matt Heebner

ME WANTS!!!!
Do ya think that Directv will give these away for $99 and a year contract ?? ;)

Matt

Bebop

I read DirecTV will give reasonable trade in value for your old receiver when the new MPEG-4 receiver comes out.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

kjnorman

Very very drool worthy!   :bow:

How come the Japanese get all the best toys?

murdoc

Would this even work here in the states?  I've got a few friends in Japan that could bring a few back over when they return to school here.

kjnorman

It is my understanding that the Japanese use an entirely different HD standard so alas it would not work over here.

borghe

eh.. I am only 100GB short on my tivo... otherwise I have basically the same setup. I only wonder how they record to DVD-R. It takes me two DVD-Rs to archive a single hour... (though now that I finally upgraded to an 8x spindle it isn't that bad). that must be how they do it, write proprietary files to the DVDs...

oh well, I am still happy with my set. as soon as the HD-DVD recorder comes out later this year hopefully I will just be able to copy my TS-converted HD files over firewire to the deck in HD and 5.1.....