News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

CSI-Thursdays

Started by mcq, Thursday Nov 13, 2003, 11:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcq

I have had nothing but trouble recording 1-1 on Thursday evenings--CSI. I have gotten as far as 50 minutes into it the program, and the recording switches to one of the sub-channels. It's usually the Spanish sub-channel and it seems to record fine (telemundo)

Any thoughts??

JimmyBond

Happened to me on monday recording CSI:Miami.  I got an hour of Telemundo.  What is up with that?

Gregg Lengling

Sounds like a PSIP stream problem at DJT???

Jim any ideas?
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

wxndave

I will try tonight to record prime time with my Hipix card.  I will post my results.

Dave

wxndave

Monday night I recorded from 7:30 - 8:30pm. All worked on my Hipix card.  

Dave

cobra01

I also had this problem.  The JVC support person explained that the D-VCR records then entire stream -- all channels.  All I needed to do was figure out how to tell the D-VCR what stream to play.  After many frustrated evenings of sometimes getting Telemundo and sometimes getting 1-1, I finally stumbled upon the solution.  Prior to playing the program back, ensure that the device you recorded from is tuned to channel 1-1.

In my case, if my Mitusbishi HDTV's HDTV Antenna (from which I record) is tuned to any othe channel than 1-1, the playback yields Telemudno.  When it is tuned to 1-1, I get the program I want.

Hope this works for you too!